This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful location in the Suffolk countryside
- Perfect for a romantic break or a family holiday
- In nine acres of private grounds overlooking a Grade II property
Even reading about this site has soothed our Pitchup.com city dwelling hearts... The yurts of Suffolk Retreats are less than an hour from London (and 40 minutes' drive from Stansted) and tick oh so many topping holiday boxes – they're in nine acres of private grounds overlooking a Grade II-listed property, on a serene site with horses and a miniature donkey. They also have owls and bats flitting overhead, and two reindeers resident on site being looked after for Santa...
You might also see the occasional deer roaming here and foxes and badgers generally prowl around at night. The grounds have a large pond teeming with over a thousand fish (no fishing allowed, but do toss in some bread or cake to see the nibbles) and flocks of birdlife such as swallows, blue tits, finches, woodpeckers and kingfishers. And then there's the croquet, the outdoor cricket and the giant chess and draughts... we would like to stay here for quite some time please.
The yurts at Suffolk retreats have been handcrafted to the high standards all the above might lead you to expect; each is set on a solid wooden base and comes with its own solid oak locking front door and carved oak window and woodburning stove for heating and cooking. All materials used inside and out are fire retardant.
And yet more: Suffolk Retreats also has a cosy games room with air hockey, darts, a TV, football and table tennis tables, and a fridge/freezer and microwave for guests' use.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
Newmarket: High Street Coach Stop
— 11.6 miles
11.6 miles Bury St Edmunds: Bus Station — 12.8 miles
12.8 miles Braintree: Rail Station Coach Stop — 15.3 miles
- Train stations
Sudbury (Suffolk) Rail Station
— 9.5 miles
9.5 miles Dullingham Rail Station — 10.2 miles
10.2 miles Newmarket Rail Station — 11.2 miles
- Ferry ports
Brightlingsea Ferry Landing
— 29.0 miles
29.0 miles Point Clear Ferry Landing — 29.1 miles
— 17.2 miles
17.2 miles London Stansted Airport — 18.4 miles
Quite a bit is to hand to see and do in the area around Suffolk Retreats, like Suffolk's smallest town SuVisit Clare three miles away, Clare Priory and Country Park, or the antique shops, designer boutiques and traditional pubs of Cavendish.
History? The local town of Long Melford is best known for its two old buildings Kentwell Hall and Melford Hall, now managed by the National Trust; the historic market town of Bury St Edmunds is within easy reach, and nearby Lavenham is a smashingly well preserved medieval town with over 300 old buildings (you'll find comely tearooms and Marco Pierre White's The Angel pub here too).
More? Have at it at Hedingham Castle, the Colne Valley Railway, racing at Newmarket 40 minutes away, or having another punt on the river at Cambridge.
- Ickworth House, Park and Gardens (10.2 miles)
- Newmarket Racecourses (11.3 miles)
- The National Stud (12.2 miles)
- Melford Hall (8.0 miles)
- Ickworth House, Park and Gardens (10.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Suffolk Retreats have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Suffolk Retreats dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Suffolk Retreats? Quite a bit is to hand to see and do in the area around Suffolk Retreats, like Suffolk's smallest town SuVisit Clare three miles away, Clare Priory and Country Park, or the … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Suffolk Retreats?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.