This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
School Barn Farm provides luxury camping in the Stour Valley and Dedham Vale (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty).
Our yurts are fully furnished with a double bed, solar lights and wood burner. Both yurts are privately located, each with their own space and play area screened with hedging. A nearby shared cabin contains an area with a fridge/freezer, microwave, kettle cutlery and crockery. A barbecue is provided but if you prefer we can cook breakfast for you. There is also a pub at the top of the drive.
When it is not school holidays there will only be our Mongolian yurt erected and you'll have the entire place to yourselves. This is a quiet site so we do not allow music on speakers.
There are also links with the nearby sixteenth century barn which has been converted into a spa and health club. Guests of School Barn Farm are welcome to use the pool, sauna and Jacuzzi at a special day member's rate (over 16s only).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Bury St Edmunds: Bus Station
— 12.1 miles
12.1 miles Braintree: Rail Station Coach Stop — 14.3 miles
14.3 miles Marks Tey: Rail Station Coach Stop — 14.6 miles
- Train stations
Sudbury (Suffolk) Rail Station
— 4.5 miles
4.5 miles Bures Rail Station — 8.8 miles
8.8 miles Chappel & Wakes Colne Rail Station — 11.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Brightlingsea Ferry Landing
— 24.6 miles
24.6 miles Point Clear Ferry Landing — 24.6 miles
24.6 miles Harwich International Ferry Terminal — 27.2 miles
London Stansted Airport
— 20.9 miles
20.9 miles Cambridge Airport — 22.3 miles
We are located between Long Melford and Clare. Long Melford has two stately homes, antique shops, boutiques and restaurants. Clare has its country park and a wide range of independent small stores: butchers, bakers, ironmongers, florists and chemists as well as pubs and restaurants. Both villages are four miles away.
For cyclists and walkers the Stour Valley Path is about a mile away by the picturesque village of Cavendish.
Lavenham, a medieval village with fine architecture, is also a short distance away.
- Ickworth House, Park and Gardens (10.2 miles)
- East Anglian Railway Museum (11.3 miles)
- Newmarket Racecourses (15.6 miles)
- Melford Hall (3.1 miles)
- Lavenham Guildhall (6.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does School Barn Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is School Barn Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near School Barn Farm? We are located between Long Melford and Clare. Long Melford has two stately homes, antique shops, boutiques and restaurants. Clare has its country park and a wide range of independent small stores: … Read more
When can I check in and check out of School Barn Farm?
From 3pmRead more