This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Luxury glampsite on the edge of the Broads National Park
- A 20-minute drive from Lowestoft: shops, stately home, theme park
- Top spot for stargazing beside the campfire
Does your dream getaway come with a healthy dose of pampering, luxury and solitude? Settle in for your hols at Hidden Meadows, a small family-friendly glampsite 10 minutes’ drive from the town of Beccles in Suffolk, East Anglia.
You’ll be greeted at Hidden Meadows with a treat: a welcome pack full of tea, coffee, milk, sugar, hot chocolate, a homemade cake and some marshmallows to toast over the campfire. Talk about starting your hols off on a sweet note…
Once you’ve settled in, you can explore the site’s 25-acres of private meadows and the surrounding areas. Talk a stroll along the stream that runs through the campgrounds (keeping an eye out for local wildlife), cast a line in the fishing pond, or wander into the wider world in the Broads National Park, an easy walk from Hidden Meadows.
In the evenings, fire up the barbecue or head to the Barnby village pub-restaurant (a five-minute meander down the road) for your din-dins, then settle in for the night by stoking up the campfire and turning your gaze to the stars. If you fancy going further afield for your grub, there are oodles of restaurants within 20 minutes of the site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Beccles: Old Market Coach Stop
— 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Lowestoft: Britten Centre Bus Station — 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Gorleston: James Paget Hospital Coach Stop — 8.1 miles
- Train stations
Oulton Broad South Rail Station
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Beccles Rail Station — 3.2 miles
3.2 miles Oulton Broad North Rail Station — 3.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Reedham Ferry South
— 8.2 miles
8.2 miles Reedham Ferry North — 8.2 miles
8.2 miles Southwold Ferry Landing — 9.5 miles
Norwich International Airport
— 21.5 miles
Kids will be thrilled with some adrenaline spiking days on the track at Ellough Park Kart Circuit and on the rides at Pleasurewood Hills theme park, or you can have a calmer (but more adventurous) outing by meeting the animals at Africa Alive! safari park, all within 20 minutes’ drive of Hidden Meadows.
There’s a bit of adrenaline for the grownups too: chuck yourself from an airplane at UK Parachuting, five minutes from the site – just don’t forget that all-important piece of nylon that keeps your plummeting to a reasonably safe speed.
On the more sedate days, take it slow with trips to the East Anglia Transport Museum and Somerleyton Hall and Gardens, wander around Lowestoft’s shops, museums and theatres, or take a stroll through the Carlton Marshes nature reserve.
For a classic summer’s day, you won’t go wrong with a trip to Kessingland beach, 15 minutes from Hidden Meadows, or to the scenic seaside town of Southwold, 25 minutes away.
- Somerleyton Hall and Gardens (4.8 miles)
- Fritton Lake Country World (6.2 miles)
- Pleasure Beach (10.5 miles)
- Elizabethan House Museum (11.0 miles)
- Horsey Windpump (20.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Hidden Meadows have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hidden Meadows dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Hidden Meadows? Kids will be thrilled with some adrenaline spiking days on the track at Ellough Park Kart Circuit and on the rides at Pleasurewood Hills theme park, or you can have a calmer … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Hidden Meadows?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.