Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Pub site with three acres of grounds on the edge of Cannock Chase
- A 15-minute drive from Lichfield and half an hour from Birmingham
- Country inn with real ales, great food, bowling green and bike storage
The Rag is a Staffordshire country inn with three acres of grounds on the edge of the Cannock Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and easily accessible from the M6 Toll motorway about a mile and a half away and Stafford, half an hour away.
This is, as you might expect, an excellent spot for those seeking a place to walk or ride bikes – there are many miles of trail to follow in the surrounding area, and the inn has a dedicated garage for mountain bike storage so you can tuck your wheels up safely for the night. Fishing, horse riding, golf and a Go Ape treetop course are all nearby if you fancy seeing the scenery from different angles.
It’s not just outdoor activities that are easily accessed from this site – lovely Lichfield is around a 15-minute drive away, Birmingham’s shops, museums and cultural scene half an hour away and the thrills of Alton Towers can be reached in around 45 minutes.
Whatever you get up to by day, you can expect a warm welcome back at base from Stephanie, Michael and the pub team. This is a place of real ales (including a range of guest beers), locally sourced food, midweek offers and a top-notch Sunday roast. There’s a weekly pub quiz for those who fancy testing their brains, and a well-kept bowling green out the back that hosts competitive and social fixtures, and welcomes those who’d just like to sit with a drink and take in the action.
Open from 05/01/2021 to 10/31/2021
Guests under the age of 20 are not allowed on site.
No cars/motorbikes by the pitch/unit. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Fully-serviced hardstanding and grass motorhome pitch
Max. persons: 2 x
One Campervan or Motorhome allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Min 4.0m width x 8.0m depth (13.1ft width x 26.2ft depth) Calculated area: 32.0m² (344.4ft²)
Ground type: Hardstanding and grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Restaurant serves great food at great prices
Lovely area, will come again.
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly staff and level pitches
Nice country pub Clean toilets and showers Quiet location Excellent …
Excellent site with clean facilities, super dog friendly
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
Cannock Bus Station
— 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Lichfield: Levetts Field Bus Station — 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Bloxwich: Park Rd Coach Stop — 6.4 miles
- Train stations
Hednesford Rail Station
— 2.3 miles
2.3 miles Cannock Rail Station — 3.4 miles
3.4 miles Rugeley Town Rail Station — 3.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 65.1 miles
Birmingham International Airport
— 19.6 miles
19.6 miles Birmingham International Airport Terminal 1 — 19.6 miles
19.6 miles Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2 — 19.7 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Beau Desert Golf Club: five minutes’ drive
- Chorley Springs Fisheries: five minutes
- Chasewater Country Park and Railway: 10 minutes
- Hednesford Hills Raceway: 10 minutes
- Museum of Cannock Chase: 10 minutes
- Go Ape Cannock (treetop trails): 15 minutes
- Drayton Manor Theme Park: 20 minutes
- Shugborough Hall (stately home): 25 minutes
- Alton Towers theme park: 45 minutes.
- Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum & Bookshop (5.2 miles)
- National Memorial Arboretum (8.7 miles)
- Tamworth Castle (11.6 miles)
- Letocetum Roman Baths and Museum (5.0 miles)
- Shugborough Estate (6.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
The Rag Country Inn cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Rag Country Inn have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Rag Country Inn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Rag Country Inn? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Beau Desert Golf Club: five minutes’ drive - Chorley Springs Fisheries: five minutes - Chasewater Country Park and Railway: 10 minutes - Hednesford Hills Raceway: 10 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Rag Country Inn?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime
- How much does it cost to stay at The Rag Country Inn? From €29.19 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability