This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site on the banks of the River Trent, with free fishing
- A 30-minute drive to Sherwood Forest, Lincoln and Clumber Park
- Great village pub a 10-minute stroll down the riverbank
Get a slice of the good life at Trentfield Farm, a small, professionally run and friendly site on the banks of the River Trent in the peaceful hamlet of Church Laneham – a former estate village of the Bishop of York – and a half an hour drive from Sherwood Forest and the National Trust’s Clumber Park.
Set as it is in a pretty area full of wildlife, this quiet farm site in north Nottinghamshire (and close to the border with Lincolnshire) dates back to 1774 and has miles’ worth of riverside, cross-country and field footpaths leading from the grounds if peaceful ambling is your sort of thing (plus OS maps are free to borrow from reception for navigating your way around them). Outdoorsy types can also stay near the site and make the most of the free river fishing or seek out one of four golf courses within driving distance (including Thonock Park, 30 minutes away by car).
Also on the grounds are acres of space for the kids to play, so they can run free while you lie back on the banks of the pond with a novel from the free book swap or flick through the information pack handed out on arrival full of suggestions on things to do in the local area.
For drinks and meals to sustain the family after afternoons exploring cathedral cities like Lincoln (half an hour’s drive or a longer cycle ride on the Sustrans path that goes straight there from close to the park), a country pub serving food and a microbrewery are less than a 10-minute walk away from Trentfield Farm and barbecues are permitted on site. A local shop for picking up snacks is close by too.
The site also has mobile phone charging, 24-hour security, and a toilet and shower block built in 2019.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
As always excellent time had by all
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Retford Bus Station
— 7.2 miles
7.2 miles North Hykeham (Lincs): Station Road Coach Stop — 10.1 miles
10.1 miles Lincoln: University Coach Stop — 10.1 miles
- Train stations
Saxilby Rail Station
— 4.8 miles
4.8 miles Gainsborough Lea Road Rail Station — 6.8 miles
6.8 miles Retford Low Level Rail Station — 7.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 37.7 miles
Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport
— 16.5 miles
16.5 miles Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 16.8 miles
16.8 miles Sheffield City Airport — 26.2 miles
Set in north Nottinghamshire in the East Midlands, it's a 30-minute drive to Lincoln for meanders around a medieval cathedral with a library designed by famed architect Christopher Wren and a castle with a Victorian-era prison plus one of the copies of the Magna Carta.
Other cities like Worksop and Gainsborough are also 30 minutes from the site: head to the former for Mr Straw’s House, an Edwardian home turned into a 1920s museum, and the latter for a model railway and a medieval manor known for its beam-covered great hall.
Closer by for the kids are Sundown Adventureland (10 minutes’ drive) and Thaymar Ice Cream farm (20 minutes) or you can seek peace and quiet at Pure Land Meditation Centre & Japanese Garden and Doddington Hall & Gardens (both less than 20 minutes' drive).
- Lincoln Castle (10.4 miles)
- Lincoln Cathedral (10.5 miles)
- Lincoln Medieval Bishops' Palace (10.5 miles)
- Clumber Park (12.1 miles)
- Mr Straw's House (14.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Trentfield Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Trentfield Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Trentfield Farm? Set in north Nottinghamshire in the East Midlands, it's a 30-minute drive to Lincoln for meanders around a medieval cathedral with a library designed by famed architect Christopher Wren and a castle … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Trentfield Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m.