This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Pop-up wild camping near Castleton in the Peak District National Park
- A 15-minute walk into Castleton; 35 minutes’ drive to Chatsworth House
- Grass pitches with pubs and cafés nearby, plus direct access to walks
Looking for a peaceful rural stay amid spectacular Peak District countryside views? You could have hit the jackpot at Treaks Pringle Camping, a rural pop-up site with a true wild-camping vibe on the very outskirts of Castleton, one of the prettiest and most popular villages in the national park.
But back to the site, surrounded by fields and gorgeous views wherever you look. From your pitch, you will have panoramas to Winnats Pass, and there are myriad attractions like the Blue John Cavern and Peveril Castle (both five minutes’ drive) close by. Any long-distance walkers looking for an overnight stop? Treaks Pringle Campsite is close to Edale (10 minutes) and the start of the Pennine Way.
Basic facilities on site stretch to portaloos, so you’ll need to bring everything with you including torches for moving around after dark, Bring the barbecue if you fancy cooking alfresco, but if not, there are pubs and cafés aplenty in Castleton, which is a 15-minute walk so you don’t need to bother with the car.
Well-behaved dogs are very welcome here, but please keep them on leads at all times.
Please note that the pitches here are on a slight slope.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Stunning views, friendly campsite, great location
Clean toilets, friendly staff, eggs and refreshments for sale was …
Very basic site but the views and location make up for this.
From the manager...
The toilets get emptied about mid day and cleaned when everybody has been. The weekend you was there we had heavy dew which was also on the toilets make them look dirty.
Due to loos wouldn’t stay longer than a night
Lovely owner, family friendly, clean, no water or sink
Outstanding service,super friendly staff and beautiful views
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 12.7 kilometres
12.7 kilometres Market Place — 12.7 kilometres
12.7 kilometres Buxton Road — 16.4 kilometres
- Train stations
Edale Rail Station
— 2.9 kilometres
2.9 kilometres Hope (Derbyshire) Rail Station — 4.1 kilometres
4.1 kilometres Bamford Rail Station — 6.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 80.4 kilometres
Sheffield City Airport
— 27.8 kilometres
27.8 kilometres Manchester Airport Terminal 3 — 31.9 kilometres
31.9 kilometres Manchester Airport — 32.1 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Treak Cliff Cavern: 10 minutes’ walk
- Blue John Cavern: 10 minutes’ drive
- Speedwell Cavern: 15 minutes’ walk
- Odin Mine: 15 minutes
- Peveril Castle: 20 minutes
- Eyam (plague village): 20 minutes’ drive
- Mayfield Alpacas Animal Park: 20 minutes
- Chatsworth House: half an hour
- Thornbridge Brewery: half an hour
- Wyming Brook Nature Reserve: half an hour
- Mam Tor: 40 minutes’ walk.
- Lyme Park & Gardens (NT) (17.5 kilometres)
- Chatsworth (18.1 kilometres)
- Haddon Hall (18.6 kilometres)
- Lyme Park (17.5 kilometres)
- Winster Market House (24.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Treaks Pringle Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Treaks Pringle Camping on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Treaks Pringle Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Treaks Pringle Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Treaks Pringle Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - Treak Cliff Cavern: 10 minutes’ walk - Blue John Cavern: 10 minutes’ drive - Speedwell Cavern: 15 minutes’ walk - Odin Mine: 15 minutes - Peveril … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Treaks Pringle Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.