This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-run riverside and mountain site in the foothills of the Alps
- Within a 15-minute walk of the Lunzersee and Lunz am See village
- Big communal room with TV; guest kitchen; spacious play area
How green is that Lunz am See? This spectacular Lower Austria setting is what surrounds lush Ötscherland Camping, a family-run site near the popular mountain village of Lunz am See, in the Mostviertel region in the foothills of the Alps.
Waterside pitching up is here too: Ötscherland is on the banks of the Ybbs river, and is about 15 minutes' strolling distance from the Lunzersee or Lunzer Lake, the clear blue swimming and fishing waters at the foot of Dürrstein mountain.
Skiing? Lackenhof am Ötscher is a 15-minute drive away; for hiking, several trails ranging across all abilities start from Lunz am See, within a quarter of an hour's walk. And after all that, the heated saltwater pools and spa area with sauna of Göstling can be sunk into within a 10-kilometre drive.
The site's central building has a TV room, a kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, microwave and coffee machine, and a launderette with washing machine, tumble dryer and drying room. Washrooms have individual showers and facilities for baby changing.
A play area is also on site.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
Launch yourself into the Ybbs river from its setting directly along Ötscherland Camping, where the waters from its pebble beaches are suitable for swimmers and paddlers of all sizes.
More swimming is at the clean and clear mountain waters of the spectacularly scenic Lunzersee, or you can hire pedalos for a gentle afternoon's exploring. Stick around too into the evening to bop along to performances on the lakeside stage, an award-winning construction that's flooded and sunk for a rest during winter.
Local town Lunz am See has the Hammerherrenmuseum, the Renaissance Amonhaus and the handsome Töpperbrücke bridge, as well as the starting point for the vintage Ötscherland-Express railway, running during the summer through lush landscapes between Kienberg and Göstling.
You could also go swimming, fishing and rafting in the many rivers and lakes around Lunz am See, or use the village as a base for hikes through green valleys or climbing high peaks. Short easy walks as well as longer and more demanding trips are among the several routes starting from the village; other local options are the Ötscher-Tormäuer Nature Park, nicknamed the Grand Canyon of Austria, or the woods of the Mendling Valley.
Slip a winter holiday in around here too, to slide around the several cross-country ski runs in Lunz am See, and the ski resorts of Lackenhof am Ötscher and Hochkar a short drive from the site. And at any time of the year, take the kids on the Bürgeralpe cable car from Mariazell, to reach the Holzknechtland amusement park.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Ötscherland Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Ötscherland Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Ötscherland Camping? Launch yourself into the Ybbs river from its setting directly along Ötscherland Camping, where the waters from its pebble beaches are suitable for swimmers and paddlers of all sizes. More swimming is … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Ötscherland Camping?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.