Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Well-maintained and peaceful adults-only site in the Forest of Bowland
- A 10-minute drive to Clitheroe; half an hour to Skipton
- Views to Pendle Hill and River Ribble; pubs within walking distance
Bow Laithe Caravan Site is a small peaceful adults-only site surrounded by lovely Lancashire countryside on the edge of the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and five minutes’ drive from Bolton-by-Bowland.
This is a splendid location for walks and cycling nearby – once you’ve done extensive explorations of the forest, you can expand your horizons into the Yorkshire Dales National Park with a drive of half an hour or so.
And it’s also a splendid location for taking in the scenery without having to even get up from your pitch: the site has views out over Pendle Hill and the River Ribble, which flows just past the park. If it’s just a short stroll you’re after, perhaps a wander to one of the two pubs within a 20-minute walk would fit the bill?
Rather spend an alfresco evening on your pitch? You’re welcome to light up a barbecue to cook your dinner and warm your hands by – supplies can be picked up at the various supermarkets in Clitheroe, 10 minutes’ drive away. Kids may have been asked to stay away but you’re allowed to bring dogs along to share your break at Bow Laithe.
Group bookings of 4 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
Owing to government regulations, groups of 4 or more people are not permitted.
Swimming in the lake is not allowed.
Tents are not accepted at this park.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the park are unlit.
A cable measuring at least 15 metres is needed for the electric hook-ups.
Guests under the age of 18 are not allowed on site.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Continental touring caravans (caravans built with the door on the right-hand side) are not permitted.
This park has no on-site shower facilities.
The park caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Powered cement/asphalt and grass travel trailer site
Max. persons: 2 x
Campsite size : Max 10.0m width x 12.0m depth (32.8ft width x 39.4ft depth) Calculated area: 120.0m² (1291.7ft²)
Ground type: Cement/asphalt and grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar ($), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Loved the views location and dog friendly
Lovely little site nice and quiet with easy access site …
Would stay again for another weekend in the future
very quiet site and very relaxing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 13.1 kilometers
13.1 kilometers Town Hall — 13.2 kilometers
13.2 kilometers Town Hall — 13.3 kilometers
- Train stations
Clitheroe Rail Station
— 6.7 kilometers
6.7 kilometers Long Preston Rail Station — 11.7 kilometers
11.7 kilometers Whalley Rail Station — 12.1 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Heysham Ferry Terminal
— 39.3 kilometers
39.3 kilometers Knott End-On-Sea Ferry Landing — 43.0 kilometers
43.0 kilometers Fleetwood for Knott End Ferry Landing — 43.6 kilometers
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 45.3 kilometers
The postcode will take you to Haige Farm on the left; go a little further and look for Bow Laithe Caravan Site on the right.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Sawley Abbey ruins: five minutes’ drive
- Clitheroe Castle: 10 minutes
- Gisburn Forest Hub (visitor centre with trail maps and café): 15 minutes
- Bancroft Mill Engine Museum: 20 minutes
- Pendle Sculpture Trail: 20 minutes
- Ribchester Roman Museum: 25 minutes
- Skipton (for the castle, market and access to Yorkshire Dales): half an hour
- Trough of Bowland: half an hour
- Bowland Wild Boar Park: half an hour
- Malham (for Malham Cove and Janet’s Foss): half an hour.
- Gawthorpe Hall (14.0 kilometers)
- Oswaldtwistle Mills (20.0 kilometers)
- Beacon Fell Country Park (21.3 kilometers)
- Gawthorpe Hall (14.0 kilometers)
- Malham Tarn Estate (22.5 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, travel trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Bow Laithe Caravan Site cancelation policy
No refunds within 12 weeks of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Bow Laithe Caravan Site will debit the balance from your card 12 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 12 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Bow Laithe Caravan Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bow Laithe Caravan Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bow Laithe Caravan Site? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Sawley Abbey ruins: five minutes’ drive - Clitheroe Castle: 10 minutes - Gisburn Forest Hub (visitor centre with trail maps and café): 15 minutes - Bancroft … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bow Laithe Caravan Site?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Bow Laithe Caravan Site? From $37.75 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability