This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-run, family-friendly, clean and welcoming site
- A 20-minute drive from Bath and Longleat; 45 mins from Cheddar Gorge
- Small shop, spotless facilities and safe space for kids to play
Kids do love this Somerset site. As do their folks, and other grownups, and sorts who come for nearby Longleat Safari Park or to plunge into the ancient splendours of nearby Bath and Cheddar (particularly as this site can sell you discount tickets for Longleat and Cheddar Gorge for bargain days out…)
Although it's not a big site, family-run Pitchperfect Camping is perfectly set up for stays – '[we were] looked after better than some 5* hotels' was the verdict of one previous guest – with first-rate facilities, friendly welcoming hosts, and tiptop views of the surrounding Somerset countryside.
As you'd expect, this is a family-friendly site and has baby bathing and baby changing facilities available among its clean amenities; for childish leisure, there's a big grass meadow for running around in and/or zooming around on bikes – and it's all within easy viewing distance of the pitches to make life stress-free for the grownups too. There's also a small central playground with swings, a slide, a sandpit and a trampoline.
Site facilities include free hot showers, a family unit also suitable for disabled guests, and a field shelter with washing-up area, two fridges and freezers, a microwave and plenty of cooking kits and crockery to borrow. A washing machine and tumble dryer are available for a reasonable charge.
The Pitchperfect shop is small but well stocked, selling local produce including the site's own fresh free-range eggs and homegrown veg, locally produced beer and (a must in these parts) crisp Somerset cider.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Another amazing stay
Excellent, friendly and well worth a stay.
Loved the fact that the park was in the middle …
Fantastic family friendly site without the overly commercial aspects f
Brilliant site. Very clean. Friendly staff. Great facilities
Amazing site, great facilities perfect hosts!
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
No cash accepted on site
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.3 kilometres
5.3 kilometres Market Place — 5.3 kilometres
5.3 kilometres Town Hall — 8.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Frome Rail Station
— 5.6 kilometres
5.6 kilometres Avoncliff Rail Station — 7.1 kilometres
7.1 kilometres Freshford Rail Station — 7.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Temple Meads Station Ferry Landing
— 27.5 kilometres
27.5 kilometres Temple Bridge (Bristol) Ferry Landing — 27.7 kilometres
27.7 kilometres Prince Street Bridge Ferry Landing — 28.0 kilometres
Bristol International Airport
— 31.0 kilometres
Sat nav systems will take you around the fields and often direct you to Sleight Farm; the site is approximately 300 yards along from Sleight Farm, on the right. For the best results, use Pitchperfect Camping in Google Maps.
You might not be too flabbergasted to learn that nearby Somerset spa town and UNESCO World Heritage Site Bath is best known for its baths from the times of togas, including The Roman Baths complex with bathhouse and temple, restaurant and museum.
While you're in town, also have a wander around Bath Abbey, the Jane Austen Centre and, for a dip, to the Thermae Bath Spa; if you're around in the evenings, have a music, comedy or club night at award-winning Komedia in the former Beau Nash Picture House.
Other visitors to these parts quite rightly make it a mission to delve into the grate sights of Cheddar Caves and Gorge, the splendid limestone gorge grooved into the Mendip Hills, and of Wookey Hole Caves, the vast caverns to the southern side of the hills.
You could also have a day in Bristol, for its museums, galleries, theatres, live music and over 4,000 listed buildings, and one or two in Shepton Mallet, for the many events of the Bath and West Showground.
- Prior Park Landscape Garden (10.1 kilometres)
- Longleat (10.2 kilometres)
- American Museum in Britain (10.9 kilometres)
- Westwood Manor (6.2 kilometres)
- Prior Park Landscape Garden (10.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Pitchperfect Camping be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 31/10/2021. Read more
- Does Pitchperfect Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Pitchperfect Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Pitchperfect Camping? You might not be too flabbergasted to learn that nearby Somerset spa town and UNESCO World Heritage Site Bath is best known for its baths from the times of togas, including The … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Pitchperfect Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.