Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Small family-run touring site in the village of Sidlesham
- A 10-minute drive from Chichester and south coast beaches
- Simple, well-kept pitches; pub two minutes' walk away
As one might guess from the name, Bucket and Spade is close to the coast – about 10 minutes’ drive from the beaches of Bracklesham Bay, West Wittering, East Wittering and Selsey, in fact.
This touring site's handy location means you can spend many a day bouncing around between different coastal corners, trying out watersports, building sandcastles, paddling and taking walks through the dunes along the shoreline.
Being slightly inland means that this site also has the advantage of being surrounded by splendid West Sussex countryside for walks and other outdoor activities (with the handy bonus of there being a pub two minutes’ walk from the site for a drink and some food at the end of the day if you want…)
For other eating options you may like to head up into Chichester, which is 10 minutes’ drive away and has plenty of places to pick from (and a whole bunch of things to see and do as well, of course).
Life on site is fairly simple, with the facilities stretching just to toilets, showers and a washing-up area. It’s all nicely maintained though, with plenty of space and trees to give shade, privacy and a bit of colour.
Open from 12/04/2021 to 31/10/2021
Protective masks must be worn at all times in common areas.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
Twin axle vehicles are not permitted on site.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the park are unlit.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Electric asphalt and grass touring pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
Pitch size : Max 4.0m width x 8.0m depth (13.1ft width x 26.2ft depth) Calculated area: 32.0m² (344.4ft²)
Ground type: Asphalt and grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar ($), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Nice little site, friendly and helpful owners.
Excellent site, great facilities, fab location, friendly staff.
Well run little site
Very happy with the stay, does what it says in the tin.
A very good site, very friendly and helpful owners.
Wonderful small site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.4 kilometres
5.4 kilometres High Street — 8.2 kilometres
8.2 kilometres High Street — 8.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Chichester Rail Station
— 5.4 kilometres
5.4 kilometres Fishbourne Rail Station — 6.4 kilometres
6.4 kilometres Bosham Rail Station — 7.7 kilometres
- Ferry ports
West Itchenor Ferry Landing
— 6.0 kilometres
6.0 kilometres Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing — 6.2 kilometres
6.2 kilometres Hayling Island Ferry Landing — 16.6 kilometres
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 35.7 kilometres
35.7 kilometres Southampton Airport — 44.1 kilometres
If you are using a satnav you may find that it takes you past the site. It's about 100 yards past the Anchor pub on the right, so look out for the pub on your left and the thatched cottage. If you reach the garage on the right-hand side you have gone too far.
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Chichester Golf Club: five minutes’ drive
- Chichester Harbour Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: five minutes
- Chichester (for the cathedral, theatre and Pallant House Gallery): 10 minutes
- West Wittering and East Wittering beaches: 10 minutes
- Bracklesham Bay (for surfing and kitesurfing): 10 minutes
- Selsey beach and Selsey Bill: 10 minutes
- Fishbourne Roman Palace: 10 minutes
- Pagham Harbour Local Nature Reserve: 15 minutes
- Tinwood Estate vineyard: 15 minutes
- Weald & Downland Living Museum: 15 minutes.
- Chichester Cathedral (6.0 kilometres)
- Fishbourne Roman Palace (6.0 kilometres)
- Goodwood House (10.4 kilometres)
- Uppark House and Garden (20.1 kilometres)
- Bembridge Windmill (24.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11:30 a.m.|
Bucket and Spade cancellation policy
No refunds within 4 weeks of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 30 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Bucket and Spade will debit the balance from your card 4 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 4 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Bucket and Spade have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bucket and Spade dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bucket and Spade? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Chichester Golf Club: five minutes’ drive - Chichester Harbour Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: five minutes - Chichester (for the cathedral, theatre and Pallant House Gallery): … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bucket and Spade?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Bucket and Spade? From $66.06 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability