This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Two miles from the beach at Bexhill-on-Sea
- Family-friendly site with indoor and outdoor play areas
- Within easy reach of the historic sites of 1066 Country
Ditch the wheels and settle down for a Sussex seaside and heritage stay at award-winning and colourful Chestnut Meadow Camping & Caravan Park, on the outskirts of the seaside town of Bexhill-on-Sea. A bus stop is right in front of the site so you can get around without having to drive: the beach is a couple of miles away.
Chestnut Meadow is in the historic part of green and pleasant England known as 1066 Country, so called after the 11th-century Battle of Hastings and the introduction of Norman rule into the land (if these facts make the kids yawn, they'll probably be gorily interested instead in how Harold died). Battle Abbey, Herstmonceux Castle and Bodiam Castle are nearby to explore the area's history, all reachable via local cycle routes.
A family-friendly site, Chestnut Meadow has a playground, a games hall, plenty of room to play, and a modern, heated shower block including a parent and baby washroom. There's also free wifi, a small shop and a launderette.
A range of eco-friendly initiatives have been introduced on site, including recycling points, wildlife areas and the use of recycled materials where possible.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Off high season so nice and quiet. Really helpful staff …
Overall a lovely site with tidy level pitches but not as advertised.
Great camp site , Friendly site
Welcomed by friendly staff with a smile. The site was …
A fantastic 1st camping trip together plus 2 dogs
We would visit again if we were planning another holiday.
Quiet campsite. Large pitch. Expensive for what you get.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
Bexhill: Town Hall Square Coach Stop
— 3.1 kilometres
3.1 kilometres West St Leonards: Combe Haven Coach Stop — 5.9 kilometres
5.9 kilometres Battle: Abbey Green Coach Stop — 6.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Collington Rail Station
— 3.0 kilometres
3.0 kilometres Bexhill Rail Station — 3.4 kilometres
3.4 kilometres Cooden Beach Rail Station — 3.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 28.9 kilometres
Lydd London Ashford Airport
— 35.6 kilometres
Bexhill-on-Sea beach, De La Warr Pavilion and Bexhill Museum are within two miles for seasidey days among Sussex coast and heritage.
A bit further along the coast, the Blue Reef Aquarium, fishermen's museum and historic sites of Hastings can be reached within six miles: do take the cliff railway from its West Hill stop to delve into the adventure of local smuggling up at St Clement's Caves.
To explore more about how the Normans took over all those years ago, trot along to the English Heritage 1066 Battle of Hastings, Abbey and Battlefield attraction five miles or so away, set at the abbey built on the battlefield in its bloody aftermath.
More splendid Sussex castles are at Herstmonceux (seven miles) and Bodiam (12 miles), while for hair-raising adventures, you could take the kids to Drusillas Park or the Knockhatch Adventure Park, both 15 miles away.
- 1066 Battle Abbey and Battlefield (6.1 kilometres)
- Hastings Castle and 1066 Story (9.7 kilometres)
- A Smugglers Adventure at St Clements Caves (10.1 kilometres)
- Bateman's (14.5 kilometres)
- Bodiam Castle (16.6 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Chestnut Meadow Camping and Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Chestnut Meadow Camping and Caravan Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Chestnut Meadow Camping and Caravan Park? Bexhill-on-Sea beach, De La Warr Pavilion and Bexhill Museum are within two miles for seasidey days among Sussex coast and heritage. A bit further along the coast, the Blue Reef Aquarium, fishermen's … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Chestnut Meadow Camping and Caravan Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.