Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Dog-friendly farm site a mile from the centre of Wymondham
- A 20-minute drive from Norwich; half an hour from the Norfolk Broads
- Café, small farm shop, dog groomer and alpaca walks on site
Walnut Tree Meadow Camping is a rural Norfolk site around five minutes’ drive from the centre of Wymondham and 20 minutes from Norwich (with easy access via the nearby A11).
There’s much to appreciate at this relaxed getaway spot, especially for folk travelling with a dog. As it’s in the grounds of a canine business, the facilities for canines on hols are particularly fine: book your four-legged pal in for a spot of pampering with the resident groomer or join one of the numerous classes available (dog first aid, agility sessions and canine massage are often among the offerings). For walkies, you can either book a session on the two-acre fully-fenced dog walking meadow or hit the local footpaths for a country stroll.
Bringing a dog isn’t compulsory, and there are plenty of other creatures to get to know on site: take an alpaca for a walk, make friends with pygmy goats and feed chickens (or lambs if you’re here at the right time…) Once you’ve met the whole gang, sit back and get set for one of the stunning sunsets that often dazzle guests here.
Facilities on site include a café (dog-friendly, of course), a hot water washing-up area and a fridge-freezer. Picnic benches, charcoal barbecue and firepits are available (first come, first served), and you can buy charcoal and firewood on site. Pitches have no boundaries, so lay claim to as much space as you wish; wherever you pick, you’ll have access to a large hot shower and indoor toilet facilities. Free-range eggs and local honey are sold in the café for a tasty breakfast.
Open from 12/04/2021 to 26/09/2021
Single-sex bookings of 6 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar ($), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
My second stay in a month at this lovely quiet …
Such an amazing camping experience we went with our 6 …
Amazing site with friendly helpful staff and relaxed atmosphere
Peaceful location, lots of space, excellent tearoom,
Lovely camping spot good for groups of all ages.
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitizing stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
More frequent emptying of bins
One-way flow for entering/leaving buildings
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
Wymondham: Avenue Rd Coach Stop
— 2.9 kilometres
2.9 kilometres Hethersett: Thickthorn Cottages Coach Stop — 7.9 kilometres
7.9 kilometres Hockering: The Street Victoria Coach Stop — 9.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Wymondham Rail Station
— 3.3 kilometres
3.3 kilometres Spooner Row Rail Station — 6.7 kilometres
6.7 kilometres Attleborough Rail Station — 10.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Reedham Ferry North
— 30.5 kilometres
30.5 kilometres Reedham Ferry South — 30.6 kilometres
Norwich International Airport
— 14.5 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Wymondham Abbey: five minutes
- Mid Norfolk Railway (heritage railway): five minutes
- Norfolk Showground: 15 minutes
- Norwich (Bridewell Museum, cathedral, castle and market): 20 minutes
- Roarr! Dinosaur Adventure: 25 minutes
- Banham Zoo: 25 minutes
- Norfolk Broads: half an hour
- Thetford Forest Park: 35 minutes
- Go Ape adventure park: 40 minutes.
- Colman's Mustard Shop and Museum (13.5 kilometres)
- Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery (13.6 kilometres)
- Norwich Cathedral (13.9 kilometres)
- Blickling Hall, Gardens and Park (25.4 kilometres)
- Oxburgh Hall (36.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||11:30 a.m. –||7:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Walnut Tree Meadow Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 14 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Walnut Tree Meadow Camping will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Walnut Tree Meadow Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Walnut Tree Meadow Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Walnut Tree Meadow Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Wymondham Abbey: five minutes - Mid Norfolk Railway (heritage railway): five minutes - Norfolk Showground: 15 minutes - Norwich (Bridewell Museum, cathedral, castle and market): 20 … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Walnut Tree Meadow Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Walnut Tree Meadow Camping? From $32.13 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability