此营地目前未在 Pitchup.com 上接受预订。
如果您是该营地的所有者，请添加您的企业详细信息，即刻通过 Pitchup.com 接受预订。
By the Wood is situated within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, eight miles south-west of Shrewsbury. We have beautiful scenic views of the Shropshire Hills’ Caer Caradoc and The Lawley. Whether you are looking to have a relaxing stroll through our young wood or experience the local area, there is plenty to keep you occupied!
In our blossoming young wood, supported by the Woodland Trust, we have planted over 1500 trees including oak, silver birch, ash, cherry and beech. Although still very young, the wood is lovely to walk through and spot our various wildlife visitors. We also have a woodpecker that can often be heard in the adjoining mature wood, but you will be lucky if you spot him (we have been trying for years)!
Please note that we don’t have electric hookup or showers on site.
We look forward to seeing you!
Ford (Shrops): A458 Coach Stop
— 9.8 公里
9.8 公里 Shrewsbury: Bus Station Raven Meadows — 11.0 公里
11.0 公里 Halfway House (Shrops): Coach Stop — 12.2 公里
Church Stretton Rail Station
— 10.4 公里
10.4 公里 Shrewsbury Rail Station — 11.2 公里
11.2 公里 Welshpool Rail Station — 20.6 公里
Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing
— 82.3 公里
Birmingham International Airport
— 77.7 公里
If you enter our postcode into your satnav it will not bring you to our campsite! It will take you to the other end of our lane, which is too narrow for caravans.
Only use your satnav if you are not towing a caravan or driving a motorhome. Once your satnav has said you have reached your destination, continue to almost the end of the lane. After you pass a bungalow on your right, take the next turning on your right – a Camping and Caravanning Club sign is on the wooden fence. If you reach the end of the lane, you have gone too far. Turn around and we’re on your left!
If you are travelling west on the M54 which becomes the A5 (from Telford direction):
- Take the first at the roundabout at the end of the M54/A5 road.
- Take the second exit (straight over) at the next roundabout. (Salop Leisure is the first turning.)
- Turn right at the next roundabout (fourth exit) heading for Shrewsbury on A5112.
- Continue as per directions below 'Then…'.
If you are travelling east on the A5 from the west (from Wales direction):
- Continue on theA5 until you reach the Esso Services roundabout (where Dobbies Garden Centre is and there are traffic lights on this roundabout).
- Take the first exit heading for Shrewsbury on A5112.
- At the next roundabout take the first exit to go straight over (Sainsbury’s/retail park on your right).
- At the next roundabout (Meole Brace Island) keep in the left-hand lane and take the second exit signposted Nuffield Hospital.
- The road then forks. Take the left fork and go up a slight hill.
- At the next roundabout take the first exit signposted for Nuffield Hospital. Continue on this road for 5.8 miles. Please note this is a speed check area.
You will pass through:
- Hookagate with The Cygnets and The New Inns public houses on your right
- Longden, post office and Tankerville Arms on your left
- Longden Common, Red Lion Public house on your left.
- Once you have passed the Red Lion public house, the road goes up a slight hill and then round to the left. We’re the first turning on the left after 0.6 miles. This is a tight turn and doubles back on itself. Please give yourself room to get around and be aware of traffic coming towards you on the blind bend.
- Ignore the metal gate immediately on your left as you turn. Continue for 30 yards down the lane and turn left into the next entrance (a Camping and Caravanning sign is on the wooden fence).
By The Wood is between Church Pulverbatch and Wrentnall on the Shropshire Way and Marches Way walks. An ideal location if you enjoy exploring local country walks and birdwatching, or sitting back and unwinding in the peaceful countryside surrounded by wildlife. Maybe you will be inspired to paint, or write novels and poems as our local author Mary Webb. If you prefer to be out and about though, there is lots to keep you entertained.
- Carding Mill Valley and Long Mynd
- Wilderhope Manor (NT)
- Attingham Park
- Dudmaston Hall
- Benthall Hall
- Much Wenlock Priory (19.2 公里)
- Powis Castle & Garden (21.7 公里)
- Stokesay Castle (22.0 公里)
- Carding Mill Valley and the Shropshire Hills (9.2 公里)
- Attingham Park Estate: Cronkhill (11.2 公里)
查找英国国家自行车道路网上的当地路线 - 骑行路线延绵 20000 多公里。