This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Adults-only farm site 10 minutes from English Riviera beaches
- Outdoor haven: trails, tors and moors of Dartmoor within 30 minutes
- Fully licensed summer restaurant and bar on site
When the choice between beachy hols on the English Riviera and lush wanders in stunningly scenic national parks leaves you dithering, make your decision a doddle with a stay at Widdicombe Farm Touring Park, a family-run and adults-only site 10 minutes’ drive from the seaside town of Paignton on the Devon coast.
The site's about 15 minutes from the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and half an hour from Dartmoor National Park, so there are plenty of spectacularly green vistas to hike, bike or drive through within easy reach – not to mention waterfalls, river banks and craggy moors...
If the first thing into your suitcase was a swimming cossie, you’ve packed well for this particular getaway: Paignton’s Preston Sands beach is less than 10 minutes away (there’s a shuttle service from the site). If your quick sandy stroll seems to be picking up speed, turn it into a long-distance jaunt by accessing up the South West Coast Path at either end of the beach.
There’s a small shop on site for groceries if you fancy bringing picnic supplies on your day trips, or you can hold off for a home-cooked dinner at Poppies, the on-site restaurant (open from Easter to September). After that, wander over to Gordon’s bar for a drink, or to take in the live entertainment.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Caravan storage facilities
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
- Coach stations
— 3.6 kilometres
3.6 kilometres Bus Station — 3.7 kilometres
3.7 kilometres Bus Station — 3.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Torre Rail Station
— 2.9 kilometres
2.9 kilometres Torquay Rail Station — 3.0 kilometres
3.0 kilometres Paignton Rail Station — 3.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Torquay - North Quay
— 4.2 kilometres
4.2 kilometres Torquay Harbour Boarding Pontoon — 4.3 kilometres
4.3 kilometres Totnes Ferry Landing — 8.1 kilometres
Exeter International Airport
— 31.8 kilometres
This is Agatha Christie country, so if you’re looking to solve the mystery of what to do during your hols, you're sorted here too.
Make your way into Torquay a 15-minute drive away for the Agatha Christie Mile – a walking tour of spots that inspired the author – and Kents Cavern, a prehistoric cave that served as Hampsley Cavern in her novel The Man in the Brown Suit. For a glimpse of Christie’s personal life, Greenway House at Brixham is where she spent summer and Christmas hols.
If Greenway House whet your appetite for stately homes, zip along to Compton Court (five minutes) for house and garden tours, or Cockington Country Park (10 minutes) for strolls around the extensive grounds and a glimpse of Cockington Court (now a craft centre). Not enough? Venture further afield for Bradley Manor, Coleton Fishacre, Buckfast Abbey and the 16-sided A la Ronde, all within 35 minutes.
There are plenty of museums, steam trains and model villages nearby to keep history buffs entertained, but those who prefer more of a living and breathing experience should pad over to Paignton Zoo or Living Coast aquarium (both within 15 minutes) instead.
- Living Coasts (4.4 kilometres)
- Paignton Zoo Environmental Park (4.4 kilometres)
- Buckfast Abbey (13.8 kilometres)
- Compton Castle (1.1 kilometres)
- Greenway (9.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Widdicombe Farm Touring Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Widdicombe Farm Touring Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Widdicombe Farm Touring Park? This is Agatha Christie country, so if you’re looking to solve the mystery of what to do during your hols, you're sorted here too. Make your way into Torquay a 15-minute drive … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Widdicombe Farm Touring Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.