This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small family-run site on a smallholding in Dartmoor National Park
- Close to River Teign and Two Moors Way; 25 minutes' drive to Exeter
- Simple pitches with well-kept facilities, plus play area and hammocks
Three Hares Campsite is a small family-run site in the Dartmoor National Park, part of a 25-acre smallholding run by friendly Chinnie and Henry.
Simple, secluded and scenic – that’s the style of this little Devon site full of wildflowers and trees and bordering a little stream. It’s got hammocks set up in the willow trees and a small play area with a tree swing for the kids, and welcomes barbecues and campfires (as long as they’re kept off the ground). Drewsteington (five minutes’ drive/20 minutes’ walk away) has a well-stocked shop for supplies, and there’s a fab farm shop five minutes away for top-notch sausages and local veg to grill.
There’s much to do in the surrounding area, whether you’re planning hikes on the Two Moors Way, bike rides on the Wray Valley Trail or Granite Way, kayaking, swimming and climbing around the River Teign or simply sampling all the Devon cream teas you can possibly manage. Exeter’s about a 25-minute drive away for a city fix, and you can get to beach days within about 40 minutes.
This is a simple and eco-friendly site but all the necessary facilities are in place: guests have access to fresh water, hot (and strong) showers, flushing toilets, a chemical waste point and a lovely timber-framed washing-up area. Sorry, but no dogs are allowed on site as it has sheep for neighbours.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
As above under likes.
Fab little campsite, stayed in the Bell tent and friends …
Very clean and hot showers
Fantatsic stay, with great clean facilities and friendly staff.
Great campsite, friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities.
It's sweet and small site, the children loved the playarea …
Good hot showers and facilities. Friendly hosts.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 13.8 kilometres
13.8 kilometres Bus Station — 20.5 kilometres
20.5 kilometres The Barn Owl — 24.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Yeoford Rail Station
— 9.5 kilometres
9.5 kilometres Sampford Courtenay Rail Station — 11.5 kilometres
11.5 kilometres Copplestone Rail Station — 12.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Topsham Lock Ferry Landing
— 24.5 kilometres
24.5 kilometres Topsham Ferry Landing — 24.7 kilometres
24.7 kilometres Topsham (Turf Lock Ferry) Ferry Landing — 24.8 kilometres
Exeter International Airport
— 28.1 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Teign Gorge: 20 minutes’ walk
- Fingle Bridge (river walks and riverside pub): 10 minutes’ drive
- Castle Drogo: 10 minutes
- Finch Foundry (National Trust-run working forge): 10 minutes
- Chagford (for an open-air pool): 15 minutes
- Museum of Dartmoor Life: 15 minutes
- Scorhill Stone Circle: 20 minutes
- Grimspound (Bronze Age settlement): 25 minutes
- Cantonteign Falls: half an hour
- Dawlish and Exmouth beaches: 40 minutes
- Bude and Widemouth Bay beaches: 55 minutes.
- Castle Drogo (1.8 kilometres)
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (20.0 kilometres)
- Buckfast Abbey (24.5 kilometres)
- Castle Drogo (1.8 kilometres)
- Finch Foundry (8.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Three Hares Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Three Hares Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Three Hares Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Teign Gorge: 20 minutes’ walk - Fingle Bridge (river walks and riverside pub): 10 minutes’ drive - Castle Drogo: 10 minutes - Finch Foundry (National Trust-run … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Three Hares Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon