This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Small and friendly family-run site in the New Forest National Park
- A 10-minute drive to New Forest Water Park; half an hour to the coast
- Barbecues, wood and fuel sold on site and a pub just down the road
Whether it’s glades, moors or clifftops you've got your sights set on, walking and cycling are quite the treat in the New Forest National Park… and handily, Tom’s Field is a friendly place to start your engine, with New Forest Water Park 10 minutes’ drive away and beaches half an hour away in case you fancy a plunge down into the seaside.
This is a small, family-run site, open on weekends and bank holidays only, with the family around the site most of the time so that you can count on a helping hand if you need it. The local community shop visits the site each morning to bring fresh bread and basic groceries and the site also sells wood and barbecue fuel (and hires out barbecues or fire buckets).
Of course, you’ll be able to grab any extras you need from the wide range of shops in Fordingbridge, 10 minutes’ drive away. There’s wild swimming in the river Avon here, by the way, so you might want to wear your swimming gear.
You won’t have to go off site to treat yourself to some forest scenery either, as the site looks over the woodlands and has access to an open heath and forest land where there are New Forest ponies and cows roaming around.
If you’re searching for somewhere to be waited on, the site’s local pub is only 15 minutes’ walk away down the road. There are three more that you can get to with a little longer hike, between 45 minutes’ and an hour’s walk away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Loved it here, the staff were so friendly and helpful.
An excellent, friendly site with incredibly clean showers and toilets
Lovely quiet site in a beautiful part of the New Forest.
Fabulous camp site, a real gem. We will most definitely …
From the manager...
Thanks for the great review and fab pics . So pleased you enjoyed your stay . Thanks
Just what you want from a small site. Very likeable staff.
Loved this site - a new favourite. Big pitches and great facilities.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Meeting House Lane
— 10.9 kilometres
10.9 kilometres Red Rover — 11.0 kilometres
11.0 kilometres Canada Corner — 11.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Dean Rail Station
— 13.6 kilometres
13.6 kilometres Salisbury Rail Station — 15.4 kilometres
15.4 kilometres Ashurst New Forest Rail Station — 15.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Christchurch Quay Ferry Landing
— 23.4 kilometres
23.4 kilometres Wick Christchurch Ferry Landing — 23.5 kilometres
23.5 kilometres Tuckton Tea Gardens Ferry Landing — 23.6 kilometres
Bournemouth International Airport
— 19.1 kilometres
19.1 kilometres Southampton Airport — 26.6 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- New Forest Water Park (aqua park and watersports including paddleboarding and wakeboarding): 10 minutes’ drive
- Breamore House (Elizabethan manor house with tours and events): 10 minutes
- Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park (conservation centre with rare-breed heavy horses, a petting zoo and vintage trucks): 15 minutes
- Liberty's Owl, Raptor & Reptile Centre (raptor shows and reptile enclosures): 15 minutes
- Moors Valley Country Park & Forest (country park with a steam railway, Go Ape and golf course): 20 minutes
- Bournemouth (beach town): half an hour
- Lymington (Georgian market town and yachting centre with three marinas): 35 minutes
- Splashdown (water park): 45 minutes
- Cranborne Chase (an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with walking and cycling trails): 45 minutes.
- Breamore House (4.8 kilometres)
- Paultons Family Theme Park (13.3 kilometres)
- Exbury Gardens and Steam Railway (13.7 kilometres)
- Mompesson House (14.8 kilometres)
- Mottisfont (17.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||noon –||10 p.m.|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Tom's Field cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 5 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Tom's Field will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Tom's Field have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Tom's Field dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Tom's Field? Attractions and activities nearby include: - New Forest Water Park (aqua park and watersports including paddleboarding and wakeboarding): 10 minutes’ drive - Breamore House (Elizabethan manor house with tours and events): 10 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Tom's Field?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.