This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet and comfortable site with fishing lakes in Picardy
- A 45-minute drive to champagne vineyards and regional park trails
- Forest park with lake, beach and playground within 20 minutes' drive
Forested hills and history, trout fishing and champagne... this one’s fizzing with possibilities. Le Moulin Bertrand has a prime bit of Picardy countryside, surrounded by woods and lakes about four minutes’ drive from the French village of Chamouille and 25 minutes from the medieval city of Laon.
It’s a small, peaceful site with accommodation in traditional yurts, all with comfy beds, wardrobes, tables, chairs and a woodburning stove. Around the grounds, younger visitors can greet the resident deer, goats and sheep, or head over to the playground for more energetic times; for bigger folk, there are trout fishing lakes on site, and barbecues are allowed for frying your catch up on afterwards. If you feel like a break from hunting and gathering, the restaurant has local specialities... and this being the Champagne region, plenty on the liquid side too to wet your whistle.
There are more drinks and eats in Chamouille, as well as a small grocery store and walks by Lac de l'Ailette. For further watery adventures, head 20 minutes to Montampteuil, a forest park with a swimmimg lake and sandy beach, plus playgrounds, picnic areas and nature trails.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Pause for reflection and indulge your historical side with a visit to Caverne du Dragon (15 minutes): this network of caves used by French and German forces as fighting hit its peak in World War I is now part of a remembrance site with a host of surrounding monuments and military cemeteries.
There’s so much history in this part of Picardy you feel as if you could pluck it from the vines... Visit the ruined abbey at Vauclair (15 minutes’ drive), tour the 12th-century cathedral, art gallery and underground labyrinths in the Knights Templar enclave of Laon (25 minutes), and make sure to drop in on Reims 50 minutes away for tiptop food and champers and to see the spot where 33 kings of France were crowned.
For outdoor exertions, interspersed with the odd refreshment stop, make tracks for Gueux 45 minutes away, the start of the hilly Montagne de Reims Regional Natural Park. There’s a myriad of walks and bike trails through the forested hills with the added plus of a champagne vineyard round every corner: pedal carefully, now...
- Does Le Moulin Bertrand have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Le Moulin Bertrand dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Le Moulin Bertrand? Pause for reflection and indulge your historical side with a visit to Caverne du Dragon (15 minutes): this network of caves used by French and German forces as fighting hit its peak … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Le Moulin Bertrand?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.