This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Near the famed Normandy cliffs of Étretat
- An 800-metre stroll from the beach at Yport
- Indoor heated pool and large playground
Ever been to the famed cliffs of Étretat? If non, get yonder soonish, for this Côte d’Alabâtre spot is among the best-known sights of the Upper Normandy region for its white cliffs of three arches and a famed needle: this is a place so purty that arty types like Monet and Courbet hung out here with their kit.
Just down the coast from Étretat is the beach of Yport, another Normandy spot famed for its cliffs – and just 800 metres from that is Camping la Chênaie, a family-friendly site stretching over two and a half hectares.
The site has an indoor heated pool and a large well-equipped playground with bouncy castles, swings and a fair bit more, including a pétanque court, ping pong tables and a TV room. Free wifi is available.
A grocery shop is open in July and August selling fresh bread delivered daily and the snack bar/restaurant makes takeaway meals including pizza.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
The site was a great little spot with nice, clean facilities.
More suitable for families with kids, not couples - not very peaceful
Very kind and helpful personnel! We arrived before 1400 but …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Get to those famed famed cliffs first: Étretat is one of the most recognisable spots of Upper Normandy and, most likely, among the most photographed. Writers and artists like Dieterle, de Maupassant, Gide, Laurens and Boudin have all holidayed in the area and the cliffs have inspired the paintings of Claude Monet and Gustave Courbet: set up your easel and see if the mood strikes you too.
The local town of Yport is a small seaside resort and fishing town known for its fishermen's houses and 19th-century villas as well as being the setting for de Maupassant's novel Une Vie. And there's a casino...
Also in the area, visit the Abbey of the Holy Trinity about 90 minutes' drive away, and Fecamp (home of the Palace of the Dukes of Normandy) and the Musée des Terre-Neuvas, both within 15 minutes' drive. Or go inland to discover the Norman countryside, its groves, its forests, its meadows...
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping La Chênaie have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping La Chênaie dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Chênaie? Get to those famed famed cliffs first: Étretat is one of the most recognisable spots of Upper Normandy and, most likely, among the most photographed. Writers and artists like Dieterle, de Maupassant, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping La Chênaie?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.