This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lakeside glamping at a 60-acre site 10 minutes' drive from Wrexham
- Chester, Llangollen and three golf courses within a half-hour drive
- Café on site; 10 fishing lakes for all levels from kids to pros
Commonwood Fishery is a well-maintained park surrounded by mature woodlands in rural north Wales, five minutes’ drive from the village of Holt (for pubs, cafés and a cracking farm shop) and 10 minutes from the centre of Wrexham.
As the name suggests, this is a prime spot for fishing – and that goes for all skill levels, as there are 10 lakes around this 60-acre site catering for everyone from kids and beginners to pros (who may like to wrestle with the 60-pound whopper that lives in the catfish lake…)
It’s all set up to be as straightforward as possible here: the glamping tents are all set up around a one-acre lake with a private fishing peg for each one (plus a private toilet and car parking space). That lakeside setting is pretty splendid for non-fishing types too: there’s plenty of space to relax by the water, taking in the views and lighting up the barbecue or firepit by your unit.
A café on site serves up tasty food and cool drinks, and other facilities include a bait shop and bike hire. You can also enlist the skills of a photographer on the staff who’ll happily set up a family shoot to make mementoes while you’re out on a walk through the Welsh countryside.
If walking’s not such a hit with the kids, they can get stuck into rural life by spending some time with the little herd of friendly pygmy goats on site (even friendlier, rumour has it, if you grab a pack of ginger biscuits from the café to feed them with…)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great site, bell tent was amazing! Views of the little fishery lake
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet per pitch
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Extra spacing in seated areas
Meal delivery to unit/pitch/outdoor seated area
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Wrexham Bus Station
— 5.3 kilometers
5.3 kilometers Johnstown (Wrexham): Ruabon Rd Coach Stop — 10.4 kilometers
10.4 kilometers Ruabon: High Street Coach Stop — 11.8 kilometers
- Train stations
Wrexham General Rail Station
— 5.5 kilometers
5.5 kilometers Wrexham Central Rail Station — 5.5 kilometers
5.5 kilometers Gwersyllt Rail Station — 6.1 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 36.4 kilometers
36.4 kilometers Birkenhead Ferry Terminal — 37.4 kilometers
37.4 kilometers Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal — 37.5 kilometers
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 30.0 kilometers
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Farndon (popular kayaking spot): five minutes’ drive
- Wrexham golf club: five minutes
- Wrexham (swimming, bowling, Xplore science museum): 10 minutes
- Carden Park spa: 10 minutes
- Erddig (National Trust estate): 20 minutes
- The Ice Cream Farm: 20 minutes
- Llangollen and Pontcysyllte Aqueduct: 25 minutes
- Chirk Castle: 25 minutes
- Chester Zoo: 25 minutes
- Lake Bala and Snowdonia National Park: 55 minutes.
- Chester Castle (13.0 kilometers)
- Cheshire Military Museum (13.0 kilometers)
- Chester Cathedral (13.7 kilometers)
- Chirk Castle (18.6 kilometers)
- Speke Hall, Garden and Estate (29.7 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||noon –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Commonwood Fishery cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Hired accommodation: £50.00 ($85.21) damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Commonwood Fishery have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Commonwood Fishery dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Commonwood Fishery? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Farndon (popular kayaking spot): five minutes’ drive - Wrexham golf club: five minutes - Wrexham (swimming, bowling, Xplore science museum): 10 minutes - Carden Park spa: … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Commonwood Fishery?
On-park accommodation Arrive: noon – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.