This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Unusual outdoor accommodation on an east Dorset farm
- Just off the A31 and A350; 15 minutes' drive from Poole and Blandford
- Firepit, outdoor furniture, woodlands and a spacious communal marquee
It's a bit bananas, but it works – with converted vehicles, a spherical treehouse and a handsomely furnished hut to its name, this peaceful east Dorset farm is home to some of the kookiest accommodation around. Down to spend the night in these off-the-wall digs? Then make for Moonacre Campsite, a laidback holiday spot just off the A31 and A350.
This fably scenic site is in a secluded valley location between the towns of Poole and Blandford Forum (both 15 minutes' drive). Don't let the outlandish accommodation have you fooled – the folk that run this show are particularly practically-minded, having set up essential facilities like toilets, showers and a water point for guests. There's also plenty of outdoor furniture, open-air games and a communal marquee for chilling in.
Moonacre Campsite is especially well-suited to nature fans: the woodlands that fringe the site regularly rustle with the sound of deer, rabbits and pheasants (other critters like rare red squirrels and wading birds can be spotted on nearby Brownsea Island). The whole place is fenced for extra security and peace of mind.
Sturminster Marshall (five minutes' drive) is the nearest place for pitstops at the supermarket or pharmacy; the village also has a golf course that welcomes players of all ages if you fancy a spot of putting.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Memorable 2 night stay
Very good. Recommended
Won suk L.Confirmed
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Hand sanitizing stations
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
- Coach stations
Seldown Coach Station
— 10.3 kilometers
10.3 kilometers Post Office — 11.3 kilometers
11.3 kilometers Red Lion — 11.4 kilometers
- Train stations
Hamworthy Rail Station
— 7.8 kilometers
7.8 kilometers Holton Heath Rail Station — 8.3 kilometers
8.3 kilometers Poole Rail Station — 9.8 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Poole Ferry Terminal
— 10.3 kilometers
10.3 kilometers Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 10.4 kilometers
10.4 kilometers Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 13.7 kilometers
Bournemouth International Airport
— 17.1 kilometers
Poole (15 minutes' drive) is the nearest sizeable spot, and oh what a town it is – with golden sands, bike hire and ferries over to Brownsea Island, there's much to be said for just turning up and seeing what takes your fancy. Those who like things a bit more organised can instead book a boat trip out to Old Harry Rocks, set off on the self-guided Cockle Trail around town or embark on an epic journey along the South West Coast Path.
Also of interest is Blandford Forum (15 minutes), home to the Blandford Museum, the hopsy Hall and Woodhouse Brewery and the sweet-smelling Keyneston Mill, a 50-acre botanic garden dedicated entirely to aromatic plants.
After a good whiff of the herbs and a full-bodied ale or two, take the kids for a spot of aquatic adventure at Splashdown waterpark (15 minutes), investigate the high ropes course and miniature railway at Moors Valley Country Park (25 minutes) or stick close to the site and explore Kingston Lacy (five minutes), an aristocratic house with landscaped grounds run by the National Trust.
- Kingston Lacy House and Gardens (4.0 kilometers)
- Brownsea Island (13.6 kilometers)
- Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre (14.1 kilometers)
- White Mill (2.3 kilometers)
- Kingston Lacy (4.0 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Moonacre Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Moonacre Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Moonacre Campsite? Poole (15 minutes' drive) is the nearest sizeable spot, and oh what a town it is – with golden sands, bike hire and ferries over to Brownsea Island, there's much to be … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Moonacre Campsite?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.