This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-maintained peaceful park a minute's stroll from the beach
- Half a mile from Haverigg and within walking distance of shops/pubs
- Heated indoor pool and beachside café by the sand dunes
On the Cumbrian coast within a minute's stroll of a sandy beach – what an utter stunner.
Butterflowers Holiday Park is in spectacular setting on the coast and with easy access to the Lake District, next to a café which overlooks an adventure play area, sand dunes and the sea. It's half a mile from the small fishing village of Haverigg, on the Duddon estuary five minutes' drive from Millom. Coniston Water and Barrow-in-Furness are both within 50 minutes; Kendal is just over an hour away, and outdoor options like hiking, golfing, pony trekking and fishing are all nearby.
Leisurely pursuits are well sorted on site too, with a heated indoor pool for dips in all weathers, and that beachside café for alfresco bites overlooking the water. Barbecues are allowed: shops as well as pubs serving food are within walking distance.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great location, clean facilities, friendly staff and level pitches
all round a good week
Friendly, very clean, close to the beach, dog friendly and good facili
Friendly and helpful staff. Close to the coast
staff were so lovely when our van broke & we were later leaving than12
Nice site will book again next year hopefully.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
- Coach stations
Morecambe: Central Drive Bus Station
— 30.8 kilometers
30.8 kilometers Windermere: Rail Station Coach Stop — 32.5 kilometers
32.5 kilometers Ambleside: Bus Shelter, King Street — 33.7 kilometers
- Train stations
Millom Rail Station
— 2.2 kilometers
2.2 kilometers Silecroft Rail Station — 4.4 kilometers
4.4 kilometers Askam Rail Station — 5.7 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Roa Island Ferry Landing
— 15.6 kilometers
15.6 kilometers Piel Island Ferry Landing — 16.5 kilometers
16.5 kilometers Lake Bank (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 17.4 kilometers
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 99.7 kilometers
Start your local activities with a couple of hours at Millom Discovery Centre, five minutes' drive away at Millom station on Cumbria Coastal Line. The centre has a museum, a Rail Room with exhibits on the area's railway heritage, a mining area with full-sized mining cage, and a café, gift shop and prehistory gallery. Adventurous kids – and their grownups – should also like the costume room, where a nicely eclectic selection of 18th- and 19th-century threads await for dressing up.
It's 10 minutes' drive from Butterflowers to the Hodbarrow RSPB reserve, a coastal lagoon on a former iron mine overlooking the Duddon estuary. Terns, oystercatchers, ringed plovers and redshanks are among the species that flock here; look out too for the protected great crested grebes on the reserve's island.
Venturing further afield, it's 40 minutes' drive to the South Lakes Safari Zoo (formerly South Lakes Wild Animal Park) at Barrow-in-Furness, and just under an hour to treetop antics at Grizedale Forest's Go Ape. Windermere is an hour and five minutes away.
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park (8.2 kilometers)
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway (19.5 kilometers)
- Holker Hall and Gardens (20.0 kilometers)
- Dalton Castle (8.1 kilometers)
- Cartmel Priory Gatehouse (21.9 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
Butterflowers Holiday Park cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Butterflowers Holiday Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Butterflowers Holiday Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Butterflowers Holiday Park? Start your local activities with a couple of hours at Millom Discovery Centre, five minutes' drive away at Millom station on Cumbria Coastal Line. The centre has a museum, a Rail Room … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Butterflowers Holiday Park?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: noon