This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful base to explore the Lake District
- Sandy beach 200 metres away
- Leisure complex with pool, Jacuzzi and sauna
It is common knowledge that there is more than enough to do in the lovely Lake District for holidaymakers of all tastes and sizes. But if your tastes also include lots to do on your campsite too, you'll probably want to spend quite a while at Silecroft Caravan Park.
Based near Whicham, Silecroft is in a nifty position to use as a base for Lake District explores, but will also keep all sizes busy with its first-rate onsite facilities: it has a purpose-built leisure complex with heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi as well as a kids' play area. A convenience store is to hand for essentials and a shop and pub are in the nearby village.
And another billy bonus for the park? It's about 200 metres from sandy Silecroft beach, set in a wildlife haven that's in a topping Lake District location for sandcastle-building skill improvement or for long walks along the seashore.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Grasmere Coach Stop
— 33.6 kilometers
33.6 kilometers Windermere: Rail Station Coach Stop — 33.7 kilometers
33.7 kilometers Ambleside: Bus Shelter, King Street — 34.0 kilometers
- Train stations
Silecroft Rail Station
— 0.9 kilometers
0.9 kilometers Millom Rail Station — 4.9 kilometers
4.9 kilometers Green Road Rail Station — 7.0 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Lake Bank (Coniston) Ferry Landing
— 18.7 kilometers
18.7 kilometers Water Park (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 19.2 kilometers
19.2 kilometers Roa Island Ferry Landing — 19.7 kilometers
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 103.3 kilometers
Also next to Silecroft Caravan Park is Silecroft Golf Club, a nine-hole course in a scenic locale rated among the top in the region and adjacent to the Irish Sea; horse riding, fishing and watersports are all close by too.
Dalton Castle, a Grade I-listed fourteenth century tower now in the care of the National Trust is eight miles from Silecroft: have a morning here then go on to the dunes of the Sandscale Haws National Nature Reserve or to canter or cycle around the Eskdale Valley 13 miles away.
If you'd like to take in the local scenery as far as your eyes can see – it's worth it – take the two-hour or so climb up Black Combe near Silecroft village, which has views on clear days towards Ireland, Scotland, Snowdon and the Isle of Man. Start from St Mary's Church in Whicham, for a more challenging route, from Beckside Farm on the A595.
More scaling, hill walking and looks across to other lands are of course available all over the Lakes, and if you'd prefer to float a boat the District's biggest lake Windermere is less than an hour's drive away.
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park (12.5 kilometers)
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway (15.8 kilometers)
- Lakeland Motor Museum (23.4 kilometers)
- Dalton Castle (12.5 kilometers)
- Wasdale, Eskdale and Duddon (22.7 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Silecroft Caravan Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Silecroft Caravan Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Silecroft Caravan Park? Also next to Silecroft Caravan Park is Silecroft Golf Club, a nine-hole course in a scenic locale rated among the top in the region and adjacent to the Irish Sea; horse riding, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Silecroft Caravan Park?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
Arrival can be later if you let us know beforehand using the contact details in your confirmation email.Read more