This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, rural and simple site by the River Wreake
- Sustainable approach using reclaimed materials
- Electric car charging point, a play area, hammock space and free wifi
There aren't only canoes at Birchcanoes by the River Wreake in rural Leicestershire – plenty of spaces to put up hammocks are on site too. (You might want to pause here to heave a contented sigh.)
Riverside Birchcanoes covers about an acre of firm level grass, surrounded by green and pleasant countryside in a wildlife haven about nine miles from the city of Leicester. It's a small and simple site where the team aims for guests to have a relaxed and peaceful time; families, groups and solo travellers are all welcome.
Birchcanoes is run on a sustainable basis and uses reclaimed materials. It has an electric car charging point, a play area and free wifi. An area of the pitching field is set aside for campfires.
A thatched pub serving meals is a mile away in the local village of Hoby.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
Loughborough: The Rushes Coach Stop
— 14.0 kilometers
14.0 kilometers Leicester: St Margaret's Bus Station — 14.1 kilometers
14.1 kilometers Leicester: Charles Street Coach Stop — 14.3 kilometers
- Train stations
Sileby Rail Station
— 6.9 kilometers
6.9 kilometers Syston Rail Station — 7.2 kilometers
7.2 kilometers Melton Mowbray Rail Station — 8.6 kilometers
- Ferry ports
West Lynn Ferry Landing
— 94.4 kilometers
East Midlands Airport
— 23.7 kilometers
Small guests will have a stellar time at Leicester's National Space Centre less than nine miles from Birchcanoes, where there are galactic treats galore, over 150 interactive challenges and events running regularly throughout the year. Abbey Park, Botanic Gardens, Castle Gardens are also in the city if small space cadets still need to let off steam.
The Birchcanoes team highly recommends nearby Bradgate Park, enclosed as a deer park over eight centuries ago. Red and fallow deer still roam here and the park is also popular with visitors for its geology, the only known Precambrian fossils in Western Europe, concerts and plays, River Lin paddles, the SSSI of Swithland Wood, and a wealth of other wildlife including many wildfowl at the park reservoir.
Rutland Water is also easily accessible from the campsite and is filled with outdoorsy things to do like the 25-mile circular walking and cycling trail, rock climbing, boating, sailing, nature reserves and an outdoor adventure centre. If the canoes back at base have whetted your whistle, more of the same is available here too.
- Ye Olde Pork Pie Shoppe (8.6 kilometers)
- National Space Centre (12.9 kilometers)
- Belvoir Castle (22.9 kilometers)
- Woolsthorpe Manor (26.4 kilometers)
- Staunton Harold Church (28.3 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Birchcanoes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Birchcanoes dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Birchcanoes? Small guests will have a stellar time at Leicester's National Space Centre less than nine miles from Birchcanoes, where there are galactic treats galore, over 150 interactive challenges and events running regularly … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Birchcanoes?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime