This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glamping on a smallholding three miles from Chipping Norton
- Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon and Cheltenham within a 45-minute drive
- Easy access from the A44; great gastropub a short walk away
A cosy place to stay in the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, close to country walks and with a cracking pub pretty much next door… if that all sounds like the kind of combo you could happily deal with, plot a course to Crosshands Log Pods.
A handy position this is indeed for all sorts of outings – the site’s just off the A44 for easy comings and goings, and immensely pretty Cotswolds towns like Moreton-in-Marsh, Stow-on-the-Wold and Chipping Norton are within a 10-minute drive. Rural wanders can be had just around the site, and urban ones within a 45-minute drive in Oxford, Cheltenham or Stratford-upon-Avon.
And that pub? That would be all of 100 metres away, putting it within walking distance even if you’ve little energy left after all the exploring. A fine collection of ales and home-cooked meals is on offer here, along with takeaway pizzas if you’d rather get back to your digs. Picnic tables are on site for these or any other meals you care to serve up, and each of the units has a mini kitchen area with fridge and kettle for morning cups of tea in the open air too.
Toilets and showers are a short amble from the units, but it’s handy to have a torch to hand if you can – out in this rural spot it can get a bit dark after the sun goes down.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
The fire pit was really great, everything you needed was …
Warm and cosy. Friendly welcome and stay.
Lovely pod, lovely owners.
Dirty, smelly and ruined my only weekend off for months!
I really can't fault our stay here at Chrosshands! If …
Good location for a site, great caravan but in need of some TLC.
Excellent site the owner makes you welcome and pleasant.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 22.4 kilometers
22.4 kilometers Riverside Bus Station — 26.9 kilometers
26.9 kilometers Bus Station — 27.5 kilometers
- Train stations
Kingham Rail Station
— 6.5 kilometers
6.5 kilometers Moreton-in-Marsh Rail Station — 7.1 kilometers
7.1 kilometers Shipton Rail Station — 10.5 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 65.4 kilometers
London Oxford Airport
— 24.9 kilometers
24.9 kilometers Gloucestershire Airport — 38.3 kilometers
38.3 kilometers Coventry Airport — 46.4 kilometers
Ready to ramble? Take a 45-minute walk from the site to the ancient Rollright Stones, or to the smart Jacobean mansion Chastleton House. Batsford Arboretum (10 minutes’ drive), Mill Dene Garden and Sezincote House (15 minutes) are other options for outdoorsy wanders, and there are plenty of quiet paths nearby if you just want to take in some of the scenery.
Nippers need a crash course in country life? Take them along to meet the animals at Fairytale Farm (10 minutes) or Cotswold Farm Park (20 minutes). Got a grander vision of how you’d like to spend your rural days? Head over to the grand Blenheim Palace (20 minutes) to gawp at the stunning state rooms and formal gardens or play in the maze and ride the miniature railway.
Kid-free travellers may like to dedicate part of their day to sourcing local tipples for alfresco evenings back on site, taking tours to make sure such endeavours can also be described as educational. Take your pick from Hook Norton Brewery or the Cotswolds Distillery (for gin-drinkers) – both are around 10 minutes’ drive from the site.
- Chastleton House (2.1 kilometers)
- Cotswold Farm Park (16.1 kilometers)
- Hidcote Manor Garden (National Trust) (16.6 kilometers)
- Chastleton House (2.1 kilometers)
- Hidcote Manor Garden (16.5 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Crosshands Log Pods have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Crosshands Log Pods dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Crosshands Log Pods? Ready to ramble? Take a 45-minute walk from the site to the ancient Rollright Stones, or to the smart Jacobean mansion Chastleton House. Batsford Arboretum (10 minutes’ drive), Mill Dene Garden and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Crosshands Log Pods?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.