This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Secluded seaside family park
- Direct access to a spectacular sandy beach
- Shop, takeaway, picnic and outdoor play area
What a secluded and sandy Scottish sojourn can be had at Sandyhills Bay Holiday Park: it's by the sea with smashing views over the bay and has direct access to a beaut beach.
And it's in lush locale for foresty and nature walks too, as it's close to the RSPB reserve at Mersehead and the walking trails and wildlife of Dalbeattie Forest. More? Sandyhills is also near the yachting village of Kippford and shooting down slopes on the world-famed 7stanes mountain bike trails, and has an 18-hole golf course, riding centre and an indoor swimming pool with restaurant all a short walk away.
The Sandyhills Bay facilities are kept to excellent standards and include a modern heated toilet and shower block, a launderette, covered washing-up sinks and a play area splendidly set beside the sand dunes. A well-stocked shop is next to reception along with a beach takeaway and picnic tables. Wardens are on site if you need any help or info during your stay.
And yet more evidence of Sandyhills Bay's lush locale? The spectacular coastal walk to Rockcliffe, shown on More 4's Walks with my Dog programme, starts from the park.
Open from 01/04/2021 to 31/10/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great location for families and couples.
Excellent well kept site
Enjoyed our three night stay here
Very good location for the beach
Enjoyed our stay ,a real hideaway,so close to the beach,just …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Castle Douglas: Carlingwark Street Coach Stop
— 14.5 kilometres
14.5 kilometres Dumfries: Whitesands Coach Stop — 22.3 kilometres
22.3 kilometres Maryport: Curzon Street Coach Stop — 24.0 kilometres
- Train stations
Dumfries Rail Station
— 22.9 kilometres
22.9 kilometres Maryport Rail Station — 24.1 kilometres
24.1 kilometres Flimby Rail Station — 25.1 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Nichol End (Derwentwater) Ferry Landing
— 48.7 kilometres
Glasgow Prestwick International Airport
— 89.7 kilometres
Dumfries and Galloway is a cracking part of Scotland, filled with museums, gardens, wildlife, walks, art galleries and farms for the small to pet animals, play and see how much ice cream they can wangle out of the grownups.
Towards Dumfries is Mabie Farm Park, the Paul Jones Museum and Sweetheart Abbey; in town, you'll probably find a festival at any time of the year, along with shows at Scotland's oldest working theatre the Theatre Royal and exhibitions at Dumfries Museum.
Also have a potter around the Motte of Mark, the village of Castle Douglas and Galloway Forest Park; info on what to see and do in Dumfries and Galloway is in the reception.
- John Paul Jones Cottage Museum & Visitor Centre (9.4 kilometres)
- Robert Burns Centre (22.1 kilometres)
- Mirehouse Historic House and Gardens (43.6 kilometres)
- Wordsworth House and Garden (33.4 kilometres)
- Buttermere and Ennerdale (41.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Sandyhills Bay Holiday Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Sandyhills Bay Holiday Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Sandyhills Bay Holiday Park? Dumfries and Galloway is a cracking part of Scotland, filled with museums, gardens, wildlife, walks, art galleries and farms for the small to pet animals, play and see how much ice cream … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Sandyhills Bay Holiday Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.