This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Dog-friendly pop-up site on the riverside in the Ribble Valley
- A 10-minute drive from Whalley Abbey; 20 minutes to Clitheroe Castle
- Access to walking trails; pub nearby; barbecues permitted
Put your feet up at Hacking Hall Farm Camping, a dog-friendly site on a working farm in Ribble Valley, alongside the confluence of the river Calder and the river Ribble. Here, you’ll be in a countryside chunk of land with views of Longridge Fell, surrounded by woodlands for walking (including family-friendly trails for all ages), with Whalley Abbey 10 minutes’ drive away and Clitheroe Castle 20 minutes away.
The pitches are part of a field in front of Hacking Hall, with access to toilet and shower facilities, charging points and water. Pets are permitted here on leads and under 18s are also allowed, as long as they’re accompanied by an adult.
You’ll be able to access lots of public footpaths in the area, along with places to eat: a couple of restaurant are about five minutes' drive/half an hour's walk away. The site is on the outskirts of Whalley in Lancashire, so the town centre is under 10 minutes’ drive away, where there’s a nice chain of shops, restaurants, pubs and supermarkets.
If you’re still hungry or don’t want to get up just yet, local places also deliver, so you can take a pizza down to the river if you wish. Barbecues and campfires are also permitted, so this may be another way to wind down in the evening nicely.
Please note that this is an active working farm, with some agricultural activity beginning as early as 6am. Fishing is only permitted if you are part of the local angling association. Other activities like swimming and paddleboarding are not allowed along this stretch of the river.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Superb site and location
Great little camp site my boy loved it
Fab site great facilities, really well run and amazing location!!
Great staff, peaceful location
Great site. Friendly staff. Basic facilities, but clean. Will certainly …
Lovely clean place.all staff was lovely.
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
- Coach stations
Coach Stop C3
— 9.1 kilometres
9.1 kilometres Bus Station — 9.8 kilometres
9.8 kilometres Town Hall — 13.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Whalley Rail Station
— 2.0 kilometres
2.0 kilometres Langho Rail Station — 2.6 kilometres
2.6 kilometres Ramsgreave & Wilpshire Rail Station — 5.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Knott End-On-Sea Ferry Landing
— 38.1 kilometres
38.1 kilometres Heysham Ferry Terminal — 38.4 kilometres
38.4 kilometres Fleetwood for Knott End Ferry Landing — 38.7 kilometres
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 51.6 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Whalley Abbey (former Cistercian abbey): 10 minutes’ drive
- Clitheroe Castle (ruined early medieval castle): 20 minutes
- The Jump Works Trampoline Park (discount available for guests at the site): 20 minutes
- Gawthorpe Hall (National Trust Elizabethan country house on the banks of the river Calder): 25 minutes
- Bowland Wild Boar Park (rural wildlife park with farm-themed rides and animal feeding): half an hour
- Pendle Hill (walking trails): half an hour
- Beacon Fell Country Park (nature reserve and country park with trails): 40 minutes
- Blackpool: 55 minutes.
- Oswaldtwistle Mills (9.6 kilometres)
- Gawthorpe Hall (10.1 kilometres)
- Beacon Fell Country Park (15.3 kilometres)
- Gawthorpe Hall (9.9 kilometres)
- Hardcastle Crags (28.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||noon –||8:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||noon –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Hacking Hall Farm Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
The campground/park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Hacking Hall Farm Camping on arrival.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the campground/park is able to relet your unit/site.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Hacking Hall Farm Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hacking Hall Farm Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hacking Hall Farm Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Whalley Abbey (former Cistercian abbey): 10 minutes’ drive - Clitheroe Castle (ruined early medieval castle): 20 minutes - The Jump Works Trampoline Park (discount available for … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hacking Hall Farm Camping?
Camping and caravan Arrive: noon – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.