Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Off-grid cabin for two on a private island within a two-acre lake
- Norfolk Broads and Southwold within a half-hour drive
- Exclusive use of lake and meadow; walking trails run through the farm
Looking for something rather spectacular? How about your own private island, lake and meadow? Yes, this really is an exclusive glamping spot – and just the place for a fabulous romantic getaway in a one-of-a-kind setting.
The glamping offering at Rookery Meadow, near Harleston, is called Little Island Retreat – and it certainly lives up to its name. Park outside the meadow, follow the path through the wildflowers and ancient oak trees, cross the bridge and you’ll be in your own little cabin for two, with absolutely no neighbours (apart from the horses in the next meadow and the wildlife that lives around the two-acre lake…)
Inside the wooden cabin are a kingsize bed plus lots of little extra touches like games, a bean bag, LED lanterns and candles. Outside, the deck has seating, a barbecue, a cool box and various bits of cookware for chilled-out evenings taking in the stunning views over the water.
The cabin itself is off grid, but you’ll have an eco toilet just next to the cabin, and a short walk takes you to the shower (with towels and eco-friendly toiletries), flushing toilet and utility room which has a fridge, plug sockets and USB charging points for phones and the like.
How you spend your time around here is totally up to you – there are private or class yoga sessions on offer from qualified instructor Gem, or you might just like to settle on your deck to see the sunset and watch the owls and kestrels overhead. There’s much to explore nearby to this spot on the Norfolk/Suffolk border – Boudicca’s Way and Angles Way walking trails pass through the farm, and there are several pubs within a few miles’ cycle/walk/drive.
Open from 01/04/2022 to 31/10/2022
No electric barbecues allowed.
There is no reception building on-site: on arrival please contact the number provided on your booking confirmation.
Swimming in the lake is not allowed.
Guests under the age of 18 are not allowed on site.
No charcoal barbecues allowed.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Little Island Retreat cabin
Max. persons: 2 x
Dimensions: 5.0m width x 3.0m length (16.4ft width x 9.8ft length) Calculated area: 15.0m² (161.5ft²)
|Max. persons||2 x
5.0m width x 3.0m length
(16.4ft width x 9.8ft length)
Calculated area: 15.0m² (161.5ft²)
|Year of manufacture||2019|
(1 x eco toilet)
Open space (1 x king sized bed)
Bathroom (1 x shower)
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (GBP), extras not included) (Euro (EUR), extras not included) (Australian Dollar ($), extras not included) (US Dollar (USD), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CAD), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZD), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (BRL), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CNY), extras not included)
Gorgeous cabin with stunning private views. Can’t fault it.
Perfect location for a romantic getaway.
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra toilet/shower facilities available
Hand sanitizing stations
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 6.5 kilometres
6.5 kilometres Chaucer Street — 6.5 kilometres
6.5 kilometres Cork Bricks — 6.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Halesworth Rail Station
— 8.6 kilometres
8.6 kilometres Brampton (Suffolk) Rail Station — 8.8 kilometres
8.8 kilometres Beccles Rail Station — 12.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Southwold Ferry Landing
— 19.6 kilometres
19.6 kilometres Walberswick Ferry Landing — 19.6 kilometres
19.6 kilometres Reedham Ferry South — 19.9 kilometres
Norwich International Airport
— 31.4 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- South Elmham Minster (‘one of the most romantic and enigmatic ruins in England’): half an hour’s walk
- St Peter’s Brewery: five minutes’ drive
- Camel Park Oasis: 10 minutes
- Flint Vineyard: 10 minutes
- Beccles (for Norfolk Broads watersports and boat hire): 20 minutes
- Trelawn Alpacas: 20 minutes
- Southwold (for the beach, pier and Adnams brewery): 25 minutes
- Henstead Exotic Gardens: 25 minutes.
- Framlingham Castle (20.2 kilometres)
- Somerleyton Hall and Gardens (22.1 kilometres)
- Fritton Lake Country World (22.5 kilometres)
- Elizabethan House Museum (31.0 kilometres)
- Sutton Hoo (34.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Rookery Meadow cancellation policy
No refunds within 10 days of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
The campground/park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Rookery Meadow will debit the balance from your card 10 days before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 10 days then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Rookery Meadow have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Rookery Meadow dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Rookery Meadow? Attractions and activities nearby include: - South Elmham Minster (‘one of the most romantic and enigmatic ruins in England’): half an hour’s walk - St Peter’s Brewery: five minutes’ drive - Camel … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Rookery Meadow?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Rookery Meadow? From $193.41 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability