This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful dog-friendly farm site in the Staffordshire countryside
- On the Granite Way; 20 mins' drive to the Peak District National Park
- Barbecues allowed; pubs, restaurants and food shops nearby
Setting off for Staffordshire with walking boots in hand? You can certainly give them a good workout while staying at Higher Whitemore Farm, just outside the little town of Biddulph and about a 10-minute drive from Congleton.
The views from here look out over the countryside of Staffordshire and Cheshire, giving something of a hint as to some of the places you might be able to get out for a ramble nearby. You can wander straight out onto footpaths just outside the site – the Gritstone Way passes by, and there are also great trails leading to Biddulph Grange Gardens or Mow Cop Castle (handily passing several pubs along the way…)
On top of all that, you’ll be close to walks along local canals, climbs up to the top of The Cloud for stunning views, and wanders around some fab National Trust estates too. A cycle path runs past the site too, on its route from Congleton to Biddulph, and there are plenty of places to go fishing. And if all that’s not enough to satisfy your ambitions, it’s worth noting that the Derbyshire border is close by too – and the edge of the Peak District National Park about 20 minutes’ drive away.
If this sounds like something your dog might enjoy too, there’s good news in that dogs are welcome on site, and even provided with their own dog park to have a run about off lead. There’s plenty of space for kids to play in the woodland parts of the farm too, and you’re welcome to set up barbecues as well.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
From the manager...
This a wild camping site we no need to have had toilets but can not understand y you didn’t come to the farm house like you would do,
From the manager...
Pitch up fee is £20 as I have been on and checked you payed 20 on booking for 1 tent I can not understand where you get the 17 from,
We had a lovely camp out with the children . They loved the animals
Fantastic back to basic camping...with trails onsite....shared the field with …
From the manager...
Thanks for the review it good to know what does work
Great campsite, friendly and helpful host and fab views
Nice little site
From the manager...
The nose was not all the time as I did go up inthe afternoon to fill the paper towels and for rubbish you should take home. But if not bins are at farm
Check-in: one group at a time
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 13.0 kilometres
13.0 kilometres Bus Station — 13.1 kilometres
13.1 kilometres Bus Station — 13.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Congleton Rail Station
— 2.3 kilometres
2.3 kilometres Kidsgrove Rail Station — 7.5 kilometres
7.5 kilometres Alsager Rail Station — 9.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 62.2 kilometres
Manchester Airport Terminal 3
— 25.4 kilometres
25.4 kilometres Manchester Airport — 25.5 kilometres
25.5 kilometres Manchester Airport Terminal 1 — 25.7 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Biddulph Grange Garden (Victorian gardens): five minutes’ drive
- St Mary’s Church: 10 minutes
- Mow Cop Castle: 10 minutes
- The Cloud (woodland walks): 10 minutes
- Astbury Mere Country Park (country park with lake for fishing): 10 minutes
- Little Moreton Hall (Tudor manor house and gardens): 15 minutes
- Rudyard Lake (watersports): 15 minutes
- Whitfield Valley Nature Reserve: 20 minutes
- Peak District National Park: 20 minutes
- Alton Towers (theme park): 40 minutes
- Thor’s Cave (natural cavern): 40 minutes
- Little Moreton Hall & Gardens (NT) (5.3 kilometres)
- Royal Stafford (10.4 kilometres)
- Capesthorne Hall & Gardens (13.1 kilometres)
- Biddulph Grange Garden (1.4 kilometres)
- Hare Hill (16.3 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||9 a.m. –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Higher Whitemore Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Higher Whitemore Farm will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Higher Whitemore Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Higher Whitemore Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Higher Whitemore Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Biddulph Grange Garden (Victorian gardens): five minutes’ drive - St Mary’s Church: 10 minutes - Mow Cop Castle: 10 minutes - The Cloud (woodland walks): 10 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Higher Whitemore Farm?
Camping and caravan Arrive: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.