This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Yurt glamping experience on the edge of the Cotswolds
- Less than a mile from the local pub; 10 minutes' drive from Stroud
- Covered outdoor kitchen, spacious decking area and excellent views
Located on the side of gorgeous Selsley Common, The Teasel Yurts have a spacious decking area that looks out over the Severn Vale and Stroud Hills – a most impressive view indeed.
Inside, the accommodation (which can sleep up to a maximum of five) comes fully furnished, with both bed linen and towels provided. There's a woodburning stove in the unit to keep things cosy, plus a covered outdoor kitchen with a gas burner, barbecue/firepit, sink and coolbox. The yurt has no electricity but there is a solarhub to power the lights and to charge phones.
The accommodation is within easy walking distance of the award-winning Bell Inn pub in Selsley, and there's a supermarket five minutes' drive away. This Gloucestershire glamping site is also an easy two miles from Stroud, an attractive market town with a Saturday farmers' market, an artisan/street food market and an ever-popular selection of great cafés, pubs and restaurants.
This hassle-free alternative to traditional pitch-your-own camping is set on the western edge of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and as such has easy access to all sorts of walks, bike rides and other rural outings. This spot is also an excellent base for city day trips to Cheltenham (30 minutes), Bristol (40 minutes) and Bath (50 minutes).
Open from 01/04/2022 to 02/10/2022
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
The host went out of her way to make it …
Area, views, the location..everything on this stay was fantastic. Host …
Amazing place, perfect for our girls getaway, very private.
This was our second time coming here. Host is v
Great 2 night stay in a yurt. Log burner a bonus
This site was a great place to experience the outdoors …
Camping in style. Excellent site with great facilities
A great value, beautifully set, comfortable and rather magical yurt.
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.3 kilometres
3.3 kilometres Dark Lane — 6.8 kilometres
6.8 kilometres Dark Lane — 6.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Stonehouse Rail Station
— 2.6 kilometres
2.6 kilometres Stroud (Glos) Rail Station — 3.1 kilometres
3.1 kilometres Cam & Dursley Rail Station — 7.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 15.7 kilometres
15.7 kilometres Lydney Harbour — 17.5 kilometres
17.5 kilometres Castle Park Ferry Landing — 38.2 kilometres
— 19.5 kilometres
Head towards Selsley from the Dudbridge roundabout (GL5 3HG) and fork off to the right halfway up the hill towards Kings Stanley. Follow this road for about a mile. The site's drive does not always show up on maps, but we are the next drive on the left-hand side after Old Church Lane (please try and avoid turning into Old Church Lane).
Local attractions and activities include:
- Stroud farmers' market: 10 minutes' drive
- Public leisure centre: 10 minutes
- Woodchester Mansion: 15 minutes
- Painswick Rococo Garden: 20 minutes
- Berkeley Castle: 20 minutes
- Cattle Country Farm Park: 20 minutes
- The National Arboretum, Westonbirt: 25 minutes
- Cheltenham (racing, jazz and literature festivals): 30 minutes
- SS Great Britain: 40 minutes
- Bath: 50 minutes
- Painswick Rococo Garden (8.2 kilometres)
- WWT Slimbridge Wetlands Centre (10.3 kilometres)
- Westonbirt, The National Arboretum (13.9 kilometres)
- Woodchester Park (2.5 kilometres)
- Newark Park (10.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
The Teasel Yurts cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
The campground/park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. The Teasel Yurts will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkPayPal
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does The Teasel Yurts have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Teasel Yurts dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Teasel Yurts? Local attractions and activities include: - Stroud farmers' market: 10 minutes' drive - Public leisure centre: 10 minutes - Woodchester Mansion: 15 minutes - Painswick Rococo Garden: 20 minutes - Berkeley Castle: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Teasel Yurts?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.