This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Yurt glamping experience on the edge of the Cotswolds
- Less than a mile from the local pub; 10 minutes' drive from Stroud
- Covered outdoor kitchen, spacious decking area and excellent views
Located on the side of gorgeous Selsley Common, The Teasel Yurts have a spacious decking area that looks out over the Severn Vale and Stroud Hills – a most impressive view indeed.
Inside, the accommodation (which can sleep up to a maximum of five) comes fully furnished, with both bed linen and towels provided. There's a woodburning stove in the unit to keep things cosy, plus a covered outdoor kitchen with a gas burner, barbecue/firepit, sink and coolbox. The yurt has no electricity but there is a solarhub to power the lights and to charge phones.
The accommodation is within easy walking distance of the award-winning Bell Inn pub in Selsley, and there's a supermarket five minutes' drive away. This Gloucestershire glamping site is also an easy two miles from Stroud, an attractive market town with a Saturday farmers' market, an artisan/street food market and an ever-popular selection of great cafés, pubs and restaurants.
This hassle-free alternative to traditional pitch-your-own camping is set on the western edge of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and as such has easy access to all sorts of walks, bike rides and other rural outings. This spot is also an excellent base for city day trips to Cheltenham (30 minutes), Bristol (40 minutes) and Bath (50 minutes).
Open from 12/04/2021 to 03/10/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
You won’t find a better spot with everything you could need
Beautiful yurt with beautiful views.
Great experience overall would definitely stay again.
I recommend it
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Stroud: Merrywalks Bus Station
— 3.3 kilometres
3.3 kilometres Chalford (Gloucs): A419/Dark Lane Coach Stop — 6.8 kilometres
6.8 kilometres Gloucester Bus Station — 15.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Stonehouse Rail Station
— 2.6 kilometres
2.6 kilometres Stroud (Glos) Rail Station — 3.1 kilometres
3.1 kilometres Cam & Dursley Rail Station — 7.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 15.7 kilometres
15.7 kilometres Lydney Harbour — 17.5 kilometres
17.5 kilometres Castle Park Ferry Landing — 38.2 kilometres
— 19.5 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Stroud farmers' market: 10 minutes' drive
- Public leisure centre: 10 minutes
- Woodchester Mansion: 15 minutes
- Painswick Rococo Garden: 20 minutes
- Berkeley Castle: 20 minutes
- Cattle Country Farm Park: 20 minutes
- The National Arboretum, Westonbirt: 25 minutes
- Cheltenham (racing, jazz and literature festivals): 30 minutes
- SS Great Britain: 40 minutes
- Bath: 50 minutes
- Painswick Rococo Garden (8.2 kilometres)
- WWT Slimbridge Wetlands Centre (10.3 kilometres)
- Westonbirt, The National Arboretum (13.9 kilometres)
- Woodchester Park (2.5 kilometres)
- Newark Park (10.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
The Teasel Yurts cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. The Teasel Yurts will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does The Teasel Yurts have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Teasel Yurts dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Teasel Yurts? Local attractions and activities include: - Stroud farmers' market: 10 minutes' drive - Public leisure centre: 10 minutes - Woodchester Mansion: 15 minutes - Painswick Rococo Garden: 20 minutes - Berkeley Castle: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Teasel Yurts?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.