This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Safari tents on a family-friendly site just outside the town of Doorn
- In the Utrechtse Heuvelrug National Park 30 mins' drive from Utrecht
- Pool, tennis and restaurant with terrace and summer entertainment
Utrecht times? National park times? Glamping times? Obviously sensible sorts will say ja to all three.
And so, venture along to the West Netherlands and Utrecht region site of Vodatent at Vakantiepark De Bonte Vlucht. This family-friendly park is right in the midst of the Utrechtse Heuvelrug National Park half an hour from Utrecht, and has smart and well-equipped safari tent accommodation for restful times in between all the hiking, cycling and city sightseeing.
If you fancy heading out into the surrounds (as you sensibly should), several walking trails can be easily accessed nearby and bikes can be hired on site if you’d rather cycle. For fresh air without so much effort, there's fishing on site too (just bring along your rod and permit to get stuck in).
More? There’s a cleverly wide range of stuff to do on site too: make your way to the outdoor pool first, then to the sizeable sunbathing area alongside to dry off. Then have a game at the all-weather tennis court, pétanque court or multisports field… with another dip in the pool afterwards to cool off.
Yet more? The pool’s also overlooked by the site’s restaurant terrace; as well as being a good place to hang out for eats and drinks, this is also the spot for an assortment of entertainment through the summer. During high season there’s also a busy programme of outings and activities for kids.
The old Viking town of Doorn is three kilometres away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Second visit and will be coming back again
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Local town Doorn was a Viking stronghold in the ninth century and there’s a fair bit of history to delve into around town and its surroundings. The main attraction is Huis Doorne, the former stately home of Wilhelm II and now a national museum.
A 10-minute drive away, Amerongen Castle is where Wilhelm II lived before his move to Huis Doorne (and where he signed his abdication notice); within 15 minutes, Dutch history of a different kind can be investigated at De Weistaar farm, where you can have a ride in a covered wagon or have a traditional game of boerengolf.
Pah to all that? Let the kids loose at Henschotermeer lake beach (10 minutes), Ouwehand or Dierenpark Amersfoort zoos (both 20 minutes), or for a nicely odd time playing glow in the dark golf at Glowgolf Houten, also 20 minutes away.
- Does Vodatent at Vakantiepark De Bonte Vlucht have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Vodatent at Vakantiepark De Bonte Vlucht dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Vodatent at Vakantiepark De Bonte Vlucht? Local town Doorn was a Viking stronghold in the ninth century and there’s a fair bit of history to delve into around town and its surroundings. The main attraction is Huis Doorne, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Vodatent at Vakantiepark De Bonte Vlucht?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.