This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Medieval-themed family park, five minutes’ drive to Baarlo town centre
- Outdoor high ropes course and Toverland theme park within 20 minutes
- Indoor pool, waterslides, playground, sports, bars and restaurants
With a bunch of castles dotted around the town, it's perhaps no surprise to find that Baarlo's Vakantiepark De Berckt has taken inspiration from its surrounds and got a bit of a medieval theme going on.
Start stays here at the indoor pool – it's fit for a knight, with a giant dragon slide to hurtle down, plus water-spitting dragons and a dragon island. There’s also a shallow pool with a pirate ship for the littlest family members, while grownups can indulge in the whirlpool, sauna and Turkish steam bath.
Outside, there’s a huge castle-themed play area with swings and slides, as well as a trampoline to entertain the nippers, and the whole gang can get involved with tournaments on the multisports field, hit a few balls on the tennis court or get stuck into a round of miniature golf (what's a family hol without a bit of gentle rivalry?). Not done yet? Bring the competition inside with a game or two of darts, table football or pool, or try your luck on the slot machines.
When mealtimes roll round, tuck into pizzas, pancakes and ice cream at one of the eateries – there’s a restaurant, snack bar, ice cream parlour, bar and café to choose from, and you can eat on the terrace or take food away if you want to head back to the action.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
We liked Netherlands but nor park De Berckt. And please …
Well worth a visit
Caravan layout was compact but versatile Grocery store directly on …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
War ein schönes Wochende alles sauber nettes Personal
Super camping Plaz gerne wieder ganau für Familien Urlaub mit …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Vakantiepark De Berckt is near the Meuse river, so if you’re in need of some calm time, a gentle stroll or cycle by the water should sort you out. The botanical garden Botanische Tuinen Jochum-Hof (15 minutes’ drive) also has river views to admire while you peruse the plants.
Ready to return to the action? Head to Klimpark Fun Forest Venlo-Tegelen (15 minutes) for treetop high ropes courses and ziplining, or, for the ultimate adrenaline rush, ride the rollercoasters at Toverland theme park (20 minutes). If the medieval theme at base has inspired you, you might also want to venture further afield to the fantasy-themed Efteling amusement park (an hour and 10 minutes).
Throw some animals into the mix at Dierenrijk zoo (50 minutes) or Safaripark Beekse Bergen (an hour), with critter encounters, feeding opportunities and play areas; or cross the border with a visit to Movie Park Germany (an hour), an amusement park with – you guessed it – a film theme.
Two countries in one holiday not enough? Tick a third one off with another family day out in Belgium – Plopsa Indoor Hasselt amusement park is a good pick for younger kids, while Bobbejaanland theme park has some more intense rides (both around an hour and 10 minutes).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Vakantiepark De Berckt have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Vakantiepark De Berckt dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Vakantiepark De Berckt? Vakantiepark De Berckt is near the Meuse river, so if you’re in need of some calm time, a gentle stroll or cycle by the water should sort you out. The botanical garden … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Vakantiepark De Berckt?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.