This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Kid-friendly family-run site set among a green wildlife haven
- Zoo, theme park and racing circuit within 30 minutes' drive
- Nature pond, petting zoo, playground, inflatable slide and trampoline
If you’re coming with kids, you’ll be lucky to even catch a glimpse of them during a stay at Camping Midden Drenthe. For this family-run and hugely kid-friendly site is set up to make a grownup stay here as restful as humanly possible – and a littlie's stay as fun.
Adults will definitely get to have downtime here, as the site is furnished with everything a kid could ever want to keep them occupied for weeks: a giant trampoline, inflatable slides, a big playground full of kit to clamber and swing on, swathes of grassy green space for to frolic freely in and – perhaps best of all – a petting zoo and a paddepoel (nature pond filled with toads, frogs and salamanders). Other activities for the enjoyment of all include pétanque on site or fishing at the dam next door, and there's bike hire too if you fancy taking to two wheels to explore.
Set among a greenly scenic wildlife haven, Camping Midden Drenthe is surrounded by fields, forests, meadows, moors and megaliths, as well as small villages, sand dunes and stream valleys. It's a short drive from the Drents-Friese Wold National Park and around 15 minutes' drive from the TT Circuit Assen.
Amenities include toilets and showers, with some suitable for guests with reduced mobility, as well as baby bath tubs, kids' showers and a launderette. There's also a free wifi service throughout the site.
The shops, restaurants and inns of Assen are about 20 minutes’ drive away, or there are more options over in Emmen and Hoogeveen, both within 40 minutes’ drive.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
This is a properly fab locale with lots of kid-friendly attractions in the local surrounds: spot little pointy-hatted men over at goblin-themed amusement park Kabouterland Exloo, whizz around on white knuckle rides and giant slides at Drouwenerzand Attractiepark B.V., or spy monkeys, elephants and other wild critters from jungle-themed boat rides and suspended rope bridges at WILDLANDS Adventure Zoo Emmen, all within 30 minutes’ drive of Camping Midden Drenthe.
Hire a bike on site for a pedal through the Dwingelderveld National Park and its varied landscapes of heather fields, forests and many a megalithic monuments, as well as pretty villages and a monument, memorials and museum dedicated to the former World War II transit camp of Westerbork.
If you quite like the idea of a pamper during your hols, then the little village of Bad Nieuweschans, famed in the region for its healing spring water, is around 50 minutes’ drive away.
- Does Camping Midden Drenthe have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Midden Drenthe dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Midden Drenthe? This is a properly fab locale with lots of kid-friendly attractions in the local surrounds: spot little pointy-hatted men over at goblin-themed amusement park Kabouterland Exloo, whizz around on white knuckle rides … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Midden Drenthe?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon