This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Highly scenic site on the south-western shore of Lake Maggiore
- Football field and well-equipped beachfront playground
- Wakeboarding school plus private lake beach with beachfront bar
Bordered by the Ticino River and the Ossola mountains, this roomy lakeside site in Castelletto sopra Ticino has a good range of water- and land-based activities for all ages and abilities right from the site and within very easy reach.
Camping Lido Verbano lies on the south-western shore of Lake Maggiore, which mirrors a landscape of pine forests and ancient mountains, 20 minutes' drive from the nearest international airport and right next to lots of shops, bars and good restaurants in the town.
Visitors can spend their days tackling the waves with the site's own wakeboarding school, which offers lessons with its friendly instructors if needed. For those who fancy having a go at other watersports during their hols, there are lots of schools along the lakeshore that offer lessons in pursuits such as canoeing, waterskiing, sailing, yachting, diving and snorkelling.
For two-wheelers and peeps à pied, a scenic path that's directly accessible from the park winds its way around the lakeshore to make the most of the spectacular views. There's also a private and gently sloping grassy beach with a well-equipped playground, which means that the kids can muck about twhile parents lounge around with peace of mind. A tennis court and a football field are also on site, and boats can be boarded at the site's modern jetty.
Friendly dogs are very welcome – in fact, they're so welcome that they have two dedicated areas: one near the central bar and another area opposite the beach.
Barbecues are allowed, and you can pick up your bits from a shopping mall near the resort.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
On the south side of the Alps, Lake Maggiore straddles the border between Italy and Switzerland; it's Italy's second largest lake and the largest in southern Switzerland, and offers a whole heaps of watersports activities at the schools and centres that lie along the lakeshore, such as canoeing, waterskiing, sailing, yachting, diving and snorkelling.
When you're up for a spot of town-based history you can visit one the primary towns on Maggiore's southern shore, Arona, a fast five kilometres away, for strolls around its lakeside promenade, pretty piazzas and old winding streets – from here the views of the lake and the surrounding mountains are utterly smashing.
Pombia Safari Park lies less than 13 kilometres from base, housing a huge array of animalia, from zebras and camels to rhino, ostriches, amphibians and fish; there's also an amusement park here with classic rides such as log flumes, a pirate ship, a ferris wheel and a gokarting track for a fun-fuelled family day out.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Lido Verbano have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Lido Verbano dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Lido Verbano? On the south side of the Alps, Lake Maggiore straddles the border between Italy and Switzerland; it's Italy's second largest lake and the largest in southern Switzerland, and offers a whole heaps … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Lido Verbano?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.