This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Alpine views and next to Lake Pilsensee
- Sports ground, playground, snack bar and restaurant
- A 30-minute train journey to Munich
A short train ride from Munich, arresting Alpine views and a setting next to a sparklingly clear lake are three boxes very much ticked at Camping am Pilsensee, in what the owners reckon is one of the most beaut tourist regions in all of Germany.
About half an hour from Munich, Camping am Pilsensee overlooks the Alps and is a short walk from the lake of Pilsensee, one of the waters in the Bavaria-Starnberg Five Lakes Region. Many a scenic walk can be had in the surrounding countryside, looking out for local wildlife.
Camping am Pilsensee has a sports ground, a playground, up to date loo and shower blocks, a launderette, and a snack bar and restaurant open from May to October.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
On Lake Pilsensee's eastern shore, nearby Seefeld Castle is a bit unusual for a thirteenth century building, as it comes these days with a widescreen cinema, restaurants and a variety of shops, all within the walls. A Bavarian delicatetessan is here too, and a beer garden is next to the castle fountain: we highly recommend a glass or two of foamy Toerring.
Swimming, watersports, climbing and cycling are all available locally, and if you're up for a forest hike, walk through the woods to Herrsching five kilometres away or to Andechs Monastery, a famed site of Bavrian pilgrimage, within ten. The Andechs area is famed for its beer too and there are six to try if you're thirsty after your hike.
The other four lakes of the Five Lakes Region are Wörthsee, Wesslinger See and the two bigger lakes Ammersee and Lake Starnberg: Lake Ammersee is the closest lake to Camping am Pilsensee where you can have a boat cruise.
And you must have a day in Bavaria's capital Munich too... The closest station to Camping am Pilsensee is about 1.5km away: get an early morning train to have full days among the Deutsches Museum, one of the oldest science museums in the world, the art galleries of the Kunstareal, the Bavarian State Opera and Bavarian State Orchestra at the Nationaltheater, music in the streets around Marienplatz, and of course, the Hofbräuhaus am Platzl beer hall and Oktoberfest.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping am Pilsensee have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping am Pilsensee dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping am Pilsensee? On Lake Pilsensee's eastern shore, nearby Seefeld Castle is a bit unusual for a thirteenth century building, as it comes these days with a widescreen cinema, restaurants and a variety of shops, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping am Pilsensee?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.