This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the village of Fougax et Barrineuf, 511 metres above sea level
- On-site restaurant for alfresco meals, among spectacular valley views
- Close to the famed Château de Montségur
A royally warm welcome awaits from the warm and friendly team at Camping Les Buis – how apt then that it's so close to the old Ariège department pile of Château de Montségur.
You'll be staying 511 metres above sea level at Les Buis, a mere couple of hundred metres from the village of Fougax-et-Barrinef in the Midi-Pyrénées. It's five kilometres from here to the village of Montségur and the ruins of its château, a listed monument historique sitting at a heady height of 1,200 metres: clamber up here for a wander around the stones and a must-see view of the countryside below.
This is a peaceful and pretty place, set among greenery galore with loads of room to roam and laze. A particularly recommended option is a lengthy session at the Les Buis restaurant, for thorough samples of local dishes to have outdoors among the site's spectacular valley views. Or pick up an ice cream to take out and find your own hidden place among the grounds: there's quite the pick of secluded spots…
The site's well-maintained shower and toilet block are fully equipped for families with young children or guests with reduced mobility.
Walking tours and cycling trails aplenty are in the region for exploring; if you're a city seeker, you're well sorted here too, with Foix 45 minutes away and Limoux, Perpignan, Narbonne and Carcassonne all well within a couple of hours' drive.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
To Montségur first, for a wander around the village and a look in the small museum and artefacts on the ancient castle high on a rocky outcrop behind – then a climb up to the castle ruins, for lush views across the region from the top of its walls: both trips much recommended.
This is fine castle land overall, with the Cathar castle of Château de Puivert within 25 minutes' drive, another at Château de Roquefixade within 35, and the famed and spectacular Château de Foix (45 minutes), the main Cathar castle dating back to the seventh century.
Make Foix your definite destination if you only have time to see one of the three: there are self-guided tours in several languages, loads of info for visitors of all ages, and activities of all sorts for the kids. The castle is also home to the collections of the Ariège departmental museum.
Going underground, more rocky stuff can be delved into at Lombrives cave (50 minutes), the longest cave system in Europe.
- Does Camping Les Buis have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Les Buis dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Buis? To Montségur first, for a wander around the village and a look in the small museum and artefacts on the ancient castle high on a rocky outcrop behind – then a climb … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Buis?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.