This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Le Chapeau Chinois is only one hour away from the Alsace region and the Massif des Vosges. Situated in the small town of Villersexel in the Comté region which has just 15,000 inhabitants, the surrounding area is full of historical character within a wonderful green setting next to the l'Ognon and Scey rivers.
The campsite borders the River L'Ognon along a 500m-stretch of curving riverbank. The natural unspoilt character of the valley where the campsite is located, offers all sorts of adventures, games and activities for children and adults alike: dam building, natural slides and river rafting down small waterfalls. There's also a playground for children when they need a change from being water babies.
Guests can enjoy the delightful location of this site from the comfort of a two- or three-bedroom holiday home. There is a bar and restaurant just 200m from the campsite for evening drinks and dining and you can pick up essentials at the supermarket one kilometre away, or in the shops in the nearby town just two kilometres away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
The campsite is situated just 22km from exit 5 for Baume-les-Dames off the A36 motorway. From this exit head north towards Lure/Villersexel, once in the town of Villersexel follow Lure. The campsite is signposted and can be found on the road on the right just after you have passed the River Ognon near the Hôtel de La Terrasse.
The campsite's location and the strong identity and heritage of the surrounding region make it a destination not to be missed, with an array of tours, entertainment and attractions on offer in the area.
Guests can find tennis courts one kilometre away and Bournel Golf course is eight kilometres away. You can try swimming in the lake of Val de Bonnal (10km away) or it's also a great spot for canoeing, kayaking and fishing. The region is excellent for walking, cycling, mountain biking and has lots of cultural hotspots to uncover including castles, picturesque villages and museums.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Le Chapeau Chinois have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Le Chapeau Chinois dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Chapeau Chinois? The campsite's location and the strong identity and heritage of the surrounding region make it a destination not to be missed, with an array of tours, entertainment and attractions on offer in … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Chapeau Chinois?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.