This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Ideal to discover the Loire Valley and its castles
- Heated outdoor pool open from April to mid-September
- High season highlights: mini-club, on-site restaurant, entertainment
Only a short distance to the medieval citadel of Loches, Isabelle and Gilles welcome you to Camping La Citadelle. Surrounded by greenery and with a friendly atmosphere, the campsite is the ideal base for your holiday exploring the Val de Loire and its numerous châteaux.
On-site facilities include a bread and pastries service, a bar restaurant open during high season and serving delicious salads, grills, oven-baked pizzas and ice creams. The bar terrace gets busy during the hot summer nights and live music is regularly organised in July and August. Many wine and cheese dégustations are also organised at the campsite during the summer season.
On weekdays during high season, children aged 6-12 can join the mini club whilst adults can relax by the swimming pool. The heated pool is
open between April and mid-September.
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Jumbo tent sites
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
Leave the car at home
A short walk along the river takes you to the city centre of Loches, a small medieval town known for its weekly farmers' market and convenient restaurants.
The zoo in Beauval is only 30 minutes away from the campsite.
Explore Amboise, Angers, Blois, Chinon, Nantes, Orléans, Saumur, and Tours and visit the Val de Loire castles and gardens.
- Does Camping La Citadelle have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping La Citadelle dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Citadelle? A short walk along the river takes you to the city centre of Loches, a small medieval town known for its weekly farmers' market and convenient restaurants. The zoo in Beauval is ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping La Citadelle?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 9 a.m.
Reception is unmanned after 10pm. Please call the site/park using the contact details provided in the booking confirmation email if you are arriving after this time. The team will then provide you with the relevant information about your unit/pitch.Read more