This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site in a green and sunny setting
- Near the thermal baths and ski resort of La Bourboule
- Bar, tearoom, restaurant and communal barbecue area
Camping La Marmotte is family-friendly campsite with shady pitches set in a green and sunny environment. It's about 25 minutes' walk from the spa town of La Bourboule, and near the spa town of Mont-Dore and the Auvergne volcanoes.
Activities including pétanque, table tennis, and table football are all available on site, along with a big outdoor games area and a playground for ages two to ten.
The site also has a bar, a tearoom and a restaurant: the restaurant is open every day except Wednesday and the bar has a south-facing sunny outdoor terrace. A shared barbecue area is also available.
Wifi access is free in certain areas of the campsite. Other amenities include a launderette and a heated room to dry ski suits, hiking clothes and motorbike clothes.
A supermarket is 150 metres away and other shops are available in La Bourboule. The town has a large market on Saturday mornings from June to September and an organic market on Wednesday mornings.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Guests can use the site as a base to explore the Auvergne region's volcanoes, spas, hiking and biking trails, water sports, fishing and nearby treetop adventures. The area is a popular skiing region in winter with a choice of three resorts in Mont Dore, Super Besse and Chastreix. A bus service from La Bourboule to Mont Dore and Sancy runs 300 metres from the site.
The campsite is 25 minutes' walk from La Bourboule's town centre, with its bars and restaurants, casino, thermal spa and the 12-hectares, miniature train and swings of Fenestre Park.
Also nearby is the scenic spa town of Mont-Dore with indoor ice rink, indoor pétanque area, horse riding, the Puy-de-Sancy and the Mont-Dore golf course, a nine-hole course in a green and wooded setting 1,100 metres above sea level on the Rigolet plateau.
The dormant volcano of the the Puy-de-Dome, ten kilometres from Clermont-Ferrand, has spectacular views from its summit, as well as three information points, shops and a restaurant, and the ruins of the Temple of Mercury. You could also hike around the famed Chaine des 100 Puys (100 Puys Chain) trail, Pavin lake and the Chaudefour Valley.
The Vulcania theme and information park is 40 minutes away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping La Marmotte have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping La Marmotte dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Marmotte? Guests can use the site as a base to explore the Auvergne region's volcanoes, spas, hiking and biking trails, water sports, fishing and nearby treetop adventures. The area is a popular skiing … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping La Marmotte?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.