This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family site with its own beach
- Pool, sunbathing area and play area with bouncy castle
- Restaurant, bar, takeaway and regularly-maintained amenities blocks
Even reading about the locale of the Lot's Camping Moulin du Périé might make you come over all travelly and wistful. For the owners describe it as in the Black Périgord and the Quercy, in the Lot-et-Garonne region and close to the valleys of the Dordogne river and the Lot river… and between the vineyards of Bergerac and Cahors, in a peaceful and natural setting in the grounds of a 19th-century watermill.
And then there's the beach… The one on site (yes, on site) belongs to a spring-fed freshwater lake of a sizeable 500m² – how sublime does that sound for hot and summery days? And a pool is on site too for more watery days, with a sunbathing area to dry off at afterwards.
The park's old barn has been done up to house the site's reception, bar and restaurant. Takeaway meals are available here, and there's fresh bread from the local bakery and croissants every morning. The grass pitches are marked out by mature trees, hedges and floral shrubs in a mix of shaded, semi-shaded or sunny areas: pick whichever makes you happy. The amenities blocks are regularly maintained and have a laundry room and service areas for chemical toilets and motorhomes.
And finally… the site has a play area, with a bouncy castle set up alongside in July and August.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Moulin du Périé's nearest village is Sauveterre-la-Lémance, three kilometres away, an old old place with a museum and archaeology site dedicated to the town's prehistoric past. More recently but still nicely ancient, the fortified castle of Bonaguil is seven kilometres away and is one of many medieval castles in the region including Castelnaud, Beynac and Biron.
More of a food fan? You're in the right place, as the Périgord Noir region is stuffed with local specialties like duck, goose, truffles, chestnuts, walnuts, and fruit and veg like prunes and mushrooms among its shops and many summer farmers' markets.
Et of course there is wine… visit the famed vineyards of Cahors and Bergerac to sample their tasty sweet white wine Monbazillac. (French food fans in this area take their cuisine seriously too, as you'll see with visits to the chestnut museum eight kilometres away, the nearby Agen prunes museum, and the foie gras museum 35 kilometres away.)
A heated covered pool is at Puy L'Evêque, 15 kilometres away, and an aqua park in Villeneuve sur Lot 40 kilometres away, with an outdoor heated pool, play areas and waterslides.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||noon –||8 p.m.|
Camping Moulin du Périé cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 07/01/2020.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Local city tax of €0,20 (R3,43) per person per night at least age 18 is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Can bookings for Camping Moulin du Périé be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 07/01/2020. Read more
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Moulin du Périé have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Moulin du Périé dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Moulin du Périé? Moulin du Périé's nearest village is Sauveterre-la-Lémance, three kilometres away, an old old place with a museum and archaeology site dedicated to the town's prehistoric past. More recently but still nicely ancient, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Moulin du Périé?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon