This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small peaceful countryside site a short drive from Cardiff and Swansea
- Campers' kitchen and sweet shop
- Buy vintage Welsh wool blankets and handmade crafts on site
Brynhyfryd Camping and Caravanning is a small, peaceful, family-owned rural site, welcoming families and couples looking for a relaxing break. Although in a rural area, Junction 36 of the M4 is only 10 minutes away.
The farm has a popular campers' kitchen with fridge, microwave and kettle, and a small shop selling basics, cold drinks, ice and some camping necessities along with shabby chic items, vintage Welsh wool blankets and handmade crafts produced by the family.
The amenities building has free hot showers, toilets and privacy cubicles.
The site is still evolving, and work is ongoing to some areas in the form of landscaping and improvements. Please note that as a small site, there is no play area.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Small (11-25 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Bridgend Sarn Coach Stop
— 4.5 kilometres
4.5 kilometres Port Talbot Bus Station — 11.9 kilometres
11.9 kilometres Neath: Rail Station Coach Stop — 17.6 kilometres
- Train stations
Tondu Rail Station
— 2.6 kilometres
2.6 kilometres Sarn Rail Station — 3.1 kilometres
3.1 kilometres Wildmill Rail Station — 4.7 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Swansea Queens Dock Ferry Terminal
— 21.6 kilometres
21.6 kilometres Barry Waterfront Ferry Terminal — 29.9 kilometres
29.9 kilometres Cardiff Castle Waterbus Stop — 31.9 kilometres
Cardiff International Airport
— 26.3 kilometres
26.3 kilometres Swansea Airport — 30.8 kilometres
Leave the M4 at junction 36, take the A4063 down the dual carriageway, go past Sarn Park Services and continue up to the roundabout. Go straight on onto the B4281 for approximately one mile to the Fountain pub (on your left-hand side). Turn left at the pub, go over the level crossing and up a straight road (approximately half a mile long) to the T-junction. Take the left and carry on for another half a mile until you reach the Ffordd-y-Gyfraith crossroads. Look out for our sign at the crossroads and turn right. You will find the campsite after approximately 70 yards on the left.
The site is well placed for visiting lots of attractions whatever your interests. There are two nature reserves within five miles (one half a mile away); just nine miles away are several beaches including Porthcawl, Ogmore by Se, and Aberafon. The Gower Penisular beaches are a 40-minute drive away.
Many ruined castles are around the area and there's plenty of industrial heritage such as the renowned Rhondda Heritage Park.
Or go shopping for the day: the site is 30 minutes' drive from Cardiff and slightly closer to Swansea with its new marina. A McArthurGlen Designer Outlet is ten minutes away, just off Junction 36.
Other notable attractions include St Fagans National History Museum (free entry), the Big Pit National Coal Museum (free entry), Margam Country Park and Go Ape Adventure, Afan Forest Park and offroad cycling, and the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.
The site is next door to Wiggleys Fun Farm.
- Aberdulais Falls (17.8 kilometres)
- National Waterfront Museum (22.5 kilometres)
- Penderyn Distillery Visitor Centre (25.4 kilometres)
- Aberdulais Falls (17.8 kilometres)
- Watersmeet (37.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Brynhyfryd Camping and Caravanning have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Brynhyfryd Camping and Caravanning dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Brynhyfryd Camping and Caravanning? The site is well placed for visiting lots of attractions whatever your interests. There are two nature reserves within five miles (one half a mile away); just nine miles away are several ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Brynhyfryd Camping and Caravanning?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon