This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-run farm welcoming families and couples
- Spectacular views over Cardigan Bay
- Level field and refurbished toilet and shower facilities
Views, views and more views… ‘amazing’, ‘lovely, ‘beautiful’ and ‘well brilliant’ are among the verdicts on the vista at Uwch Glan Farm – prepare to have your jaw dropped.
A vast sweep over Cardigan Bay and the peaks of the Rhiniog mountain range are the backdrop at this peaceful family-run Gwynedd site, from its vantage point in an elevated position above Llanfair village. You could (should) spend significant time on site just lazing about among this landscape, but aim to add local attractions to your itinerary too: the farm is a handy base for days out around Snowdonia National Park and the shopping towns of Porthmadog and Barmouth (you may have heard that beaches are rather special at these last two as well).
The pitching field is mostly level and has toilet and shower facilities (one toilet and one shower room with toilet). Barbecues are allowed (Harlech is a mile and a half away for supplies), but several cafés, restaurants and pubs are within easy reach for dining out.
The farm accommodates families and couples only. Please also note that the access road isn’t suitable for large motorhomes, so best to arrive in a smaller vehicle or with your trusty tent or trailer tent.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
From the manager...
Lovely site with amazing views and would definitely camp here again!
the view was stunning, its close to everything in the car or even walk
Friendliness and caring side when they see you asking if …
Fantastic location, just a 1.5 stroll from Harlech or beach. Stunning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 9.9 kilometres
9.9 kilometres Tesco — 10.0 kilometres
10.0 kilometres Market Square — 11.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Pensarn (Gwynedd) Rail Station
— 1.1 kilometres
1.1 kilometres Llandanwg Rail Station — 1.2 kilometres
1.2 kilometres Llanbedr Rail Station — 2.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Barmouth Ferry Landing
— 14.1 kilometres
14.1 kilometres Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing — 14.5 kilometres
14.5 kilometres Aberdaron Ferry Landing — 40.9 kilometres
— 54.2 kilometres
On the A496 take the turning towards the mountain opposite to Llandanwg road. At the crossroad take Uwch Glan road and continue until you come across a cattle grid. The site is approximately half a mile from the first turning off the A496.
No need to travel far from those stunning views when venturing out around Gywnedd: famed attractions are only a few miles away.
It’s only a couple of minutes’ drive from the farm to Harlech, the old town famed for 13th-century Harlech Castle which towers over the town, a fortress so fab that the folk at UNESCO have called it one of the finest examples of medieval military architecture in Europe.
Harlech these days is a handsome seaside resort, home to a beach, sand dunes and the Royal Saint David's Golf Club to while away a day or two at; there’s also access very close by to the Wales Coast Path for hikes south to Barmouth (16.7 miles – of course you can do it). Staying local without such a mammoth effort, the path meanders past Llandanwg and Shell Island for hugely scenic views… via a few pubs along the way.
For day trips by car, several options are well worth a look: try Criccieth and the Amgueddfa Lloyd George Museum 35 minutes’ drive away; Glasfryn Parc within 45, and the Fairbourne Miniature Railway, King Arthur's Labyrinth and the Beacon Climbing Centre all 50 to 55 minutes from the farm.
- CADW - Harlech Castle (2.0 kilometres)
- Portmeirion Gardens (8.1 kilometres)
- Ffestiniog Railway (9.3 kilometres)
- Ty^ Mawr Wybrnant (29.6 kilometres)
- Plas yn Rhiw (34.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Uwch Glan Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Uwch Glan Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Uwch Glan Farm? No need to travel far from those stunning views when venturing out around Gywnedd: famed attractions are only a few miles away. It’s only a couple of minutes’ drive from the farm … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Uwch Glan Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime