This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Small, quiet site on a working farm in the County Down drumlins
- A 10-minute drive to Drumkeeragh Forest; half an hour to Belfast
- Shops and restaurants in Ballynahinch, 15 minutes’ drive away
Looking for some quiet time somewhere close to forests, beaches and the city? Boy, you’re in for a treat at Brook Cottage Camping in the rolling County Down drumlins. It’s just a 10-minute drive from Drumkeeragh Forest (where there are some excellent walks and views, please and thank you) and half an hour from Belfast (yes, you’re not far from the capital of Northern Ireland, no less).
The small, family-friendly site is a pop-up place up on a working farm with portaloo access and a washing-up area. It’s not just well-making a clean sweep of some top Northern Ireland attractions. It’s also on a minor road, so there shouldn’t be too much traffic noise, but handy for coming and going on your day trips.
Sling your fishing rods over your shoulders and slink off to a local fishing spot – there are lakes within 15 minutes’ drive of the site – or go to gather your supplies from the market town of Ballynahinch. It has all the usual shops and restaurants you’d expect from such a spot.
A 20-minute car ride through Dromara and Finnis is all it takes to reach Slieve Croob (20 minutes), the source of the river Lagan. After your climb, expect views for miles. And if you fancy a dip and some classic entertainment after your time in the outdoors, Lisburn (25 minutes) has a swimming pool with water slides, a cinema and bowling venue.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
farm setting near to belfast
Owner accommodating Great value for money
Great little site, with everything you need for a short stay.
Friendly owners. Will help you out with anything
A spacious, clean and peaceful environment was what i loved …
Loved our stay. Lovely quiet location and very friendly host
Clean, friendly, reasonable, good location
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
What’s there to do in Belfast (half an hour's drive)? Plenty, it turns out. After all, Northern Ireland’s capital is where the Titanic was created, so there’s a museum dedicated to its rise and fall in the dockyards. Get a taste of life behind bars at the city’s Crumlin Road Gaol Visitor Attraction and Conference Centre too, which is a prison that closed in 1996.
Already a pro at kayaking or knee boarding or looking to give it a go) Let's Go Hydro (25 minutes) runs watersports and an aqua park. If that gives you a taste for some water action, one of the nearest coastal spots is Newcastle (25 minutes). It has all the classic seaside amusements and backs onto forests and mountains.
There’s a woodland, lake, garden and history trail around the Montalto Estate (15 minutes), so get your picnic blankets at the ready for a peaceful afternoon on the old estate built in the 1700s.
- Grand Opera House (22.1 kilometres)
- Harland And Wolff Shipyard (22.7 kilometres)
- Belfast City Hall (22.8 kilometres)
- Rowallane Garden (10.2 kilometres)
- The Crown Bar (22.6 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||noon –||9:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Brook Cottage Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 3 days of arrival date.
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Brook Cottage Camping will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Brook Cottage Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Brook Cottage Camping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Brook Cottage Camping? What’s there to do in Belfast (half an hour's drive)? Plenty, it turns out. After all, Northern Ireland’s capital is where the Titanic was created, so there’s a museum dedicated to its … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Brook Cottage Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.