This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small site in Tarrant Keyneston, overlooking the Tarrant Valley
- Half an hour's drive from the beach and Monkey World
- In the grounds of a pub, with beer garden and playground
Bring your beloved, bring your kids, bring your granny, your dogs, your boss (steady on, now)… all are welcome to share the love at The True Lovers Knot, a small site behind the traditional pub of the same name in the pretty village of Tarrant Keyneston.
Shack up here with whoever’s lucky enough to have made the cut and you’ll be well placed for all sorts of Dorset days out – there are loads of places to ride a bike, go for a walk or go fishing in the scenic surrounds of the Tarrant Valley, and you’re half an hour or so from the beaches around Bournemouth and Poole. Blandford Forum, four miles away, is your nearest town, but it’s also a doddle to get to Wimborne, Dorchester, Salisbury and lots of family-friendly attractions.
Pitching up behind a pub, of course, has the benefit of drinks and dinner awaiting your return, whatever you’ve ended up doing with your day. And what a range of foodie choices the pub has; they’re particularly proud of their pies, their local meats and their lengthy list of gluten-free options. A beer garden beckons on sunny days, and there’s a playground for the nippers to scamper around in.
Over at the pitches, there’s a loo and shower along with facilities to sort electricity and water supplies.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
- Coach stations
Seldown Coach Station
— 16.2 kilometres
16.2 kilometres St Johns Church — 16.7 kilometres
16.7 kilometres St Johns Church — 16.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Hamworthy Rail Station
— 14.0 kilometres
14.0 kilometres Holton Heath Rail Station — 14.5 kilometres
14.5 kilometres Poole Rail Station — 15.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Poole Quay Ferry Landing
— 16.4 kilometres
16.4 kilometres Poole Ferry Terminal — 16.5 kilometres
16.5 kilometres Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 19.7 kilometres
Bournemouth International Airport
— 20.0 kilometres
Take the B3082 towards Tarrant Keyneston. In the village turn right at the crossroads (if coming from Wimborne; left if coming from Blandford) and the entrance to the car park is the first turning on your left.
Trots around the Tarrant Valley are terribly scenic – a fave walk from the pub takes you on a trail to Tarrant Rushton (a mile away) to see its 14th-century church and World War II airfield. If you’d like a blast of sea air as you stroll, the South West Coast Path starts half an hour away in Poole (no need to follow its full 630-mile length; a shorter stretch is rewarding too).
Folks who don’t fancy a long journey can amuse themselves nearby sauntering through the elegant estate at Kingston Lacy House, imagining life as a giant at Wimborne Model Town or learning the finer points of beer making on a tour of the Hall & Woodhouse Brewery; all are within an easy 10-minute drive.
Look a little further afield and there’s heaps to keep you busy for days on end: with half an hour’s drive you can be on the beach in Bournemouth, giggling at the residents of Monkey World, admiring the armoury at The Tank Museum or boarding boat trips from Poole to Brownsea Island.
- Kingston Lacy House and Gardens (5.4 kilometres)
- Monkey World - Ape Rescue Centre (18.1 kilometres)
- Adventure Wonderland (19.2 kilometres)
- White Mill (4.8 kilometres)
- Kingston Lacy (5.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The True Lovers Knot have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The True Lovers Knot dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The True Lovers Knot? Trots around the Tarrant Valley are terribly scenic – a fave walk from the pub takes you on a trail to Tarrant Rushton (a mile away) to see its 14th-century church and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The True Lovers Knot?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.