This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Rural site in east Devon overlooking fields and trees
- A five-minute drive from the attractions of Crealy Adventure Park
- Within 20 minutes of Exmouth beach and the South West Coast Path
Got a head for heights? A thing for thrills or a raging passion for rollercoasters? Happy times await at Hill Pond Caravan and Camping Park, which is five minutes’ drive away from the rides, slides and animal attractions of Crealy Adventure Park.
With one of Devon’s top family destinations so handy, you’ll have lots to fill your days, from hurtling about at great height to hanging with the crocodiles and meerkats. When you’re hoarse from all the high decibel excitements of the adventure park, it’s a 20-minute drive to the peace of Exmouth beach or the stillness of Exeter’s Gothic cathedral and eerie underground tunnels.
Back on this green and well-maintained site, there’s lots of space for stretching out and soaking up the rural views. If you feel that soaking should include a spot of supper, stock up in the shops of nearby Clyst St Mary (five minutes’ drive) and have yourselves a barbecue. There are pubs with food there too, if turning your own sausages is too much effort….
Open from 05/21/2021 to 12/31/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Nice clean facilities, handy for westpoint arena and Exeter.
Well maintained quiet campsite.
Good value for Exeter location
A basic but pleasant site, you get what you pay for.
From the manager...
Thank you for your kind comments.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Honiton Road Park and Ride
— 4.0 kilometres
4.0 kilometres The Barn Owl — 4.0 kilometres
4.0 kilometres Bus Station — 7.6 kilometres
- Train stations
Newcourt Rail Station
— 3.7 kilometres
3.7 kilometres Digby & Sowton Rail Station — 3.8 kilometres
3.8 kilometres Topsham Rail Station — 3.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Topsham Ferry Landing
— 4.3 kilometres
4.3 kilometres Topsham (Turf Lock Ferry) Ferry Landing — 4.3 kilometres
4.3 kilometres Topsham Lock Ferry Landing — 4.5 kilometres
Exeter International Airport
— 2.5 kilometres
If you’re after coastal walks, Exmouth makes a good point to join up with the South West Coast Path: take it all the way round to Poole if you’ve got the time and energy, or do shorter, more digestible day trip sections, such as round to the mouth of the River Otter at Budleigh Salterton (25 minutes by car).
For a wilder kind of landscape, climb the moss-covered Haytor Rocks (30 minutes), with views right across Dartmoor, or make the 50-minute trip to Berry Head National Nature Reserve, where a working lighthouse crowns a promontory full of guillemots and peregrine falcons, white rock roses and orchids, with harbour porpoises often spottable out at sea.
If you like your creatures more exotic, Paignton Zoo (40 minutes) obliges with elephants, orangutans, red ruffed lemurs and a Jungle Express train to visit them, while those in search of Devon’s extinct wildlife will love a tour of the fossil museum in Lyme Regis, especially if they top it off with some fossil hunting of their own on Charmouth beach (both 45 minutes).
In among all that tooth and claw, make time for Torquay, (40 minutes) where you can take spins on the English Riviera Wheel, tour the 12th-century abbey and its gardens and go back further in time in the prehistoric cave network of Kents Cavern.
- Crealy Great Adventure Park (0.4 kilometres)
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (7.9 kilometres)
- The National Trust Killerton House & Gardens (9.6 kilometres)
- Killerton: Clyston Mill (6.4 kilometres)
- Killerton: Marker's Cottage (6.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||11 a.m. –||8 p.m.|
Reception is unmanned after 6pm. Please call using the number in the confirmation email if you are arriving later.
Hill Pond Caravan and Camping Park cancellation policy
No refunds within 10 days of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 21 day(s) of arrival.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campground/park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 09/30/2021.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Hill Pond Caravan and Camping Park will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Can bookings for Hill Pond Caravan and Camping Park be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campground/park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 09/30/2021. Read more
- Does Hill Pond Caravan and Camping Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hill Pond Caravan and Camping Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hill Pond Caravan and Camping Park? If you’re after coastal walks, Exmouth makes a good point to join up with the South West Coast Path: take it all the way round to Poole if you’ve got the time … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hill Pond Caravan and Camping Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon