This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Scenic east Kent site set on a working fruit farm
- Canterbury 15 minutes by car; 25 minutes to Whitstable
- Rural scenery with peaceful orchards and a 16th-century thatched barn
The folk down at Woolton Farm know a thing or two about this stretch of land – they've been working it for over 100 years. The Mount family who run the place turn out some of the finest fruit, ciders and English wines around and are well-known in the trade. They also do a nice little sideline in outdoor accommodation and have some high-end tents set up on one of the loveliest bits of their farm…
The tents are located at the back of the fruit garden – where most of the varieties grown by the Mounts are on display – next to a row of cobnut trees. They're spaciously spread out over the green surrounds, with views of the fruit garden and the site's gorgeous 16th-century thatched barn. Birds of prey like buzzards can regularly be spotted circling overhead (in the evening they can be heard mewing in the skies above).
Inside, the accommodation is equipped with coconut matting, comfy mattresses, a central table and a powerful rechargeable torch. It's a short walk from here to the well-maintained toilets, showers and disabled washroom. A washing-up area, with fridges and a freezer, is also available to help with meal prep. Secure charging lockers for mobile phones and other small gadgets are available free of charge.
On selected days the friendly site team set up an open-air bar where you can sample Woolton Farm's own wine and award-winning cider. Other local booze and soft drinks are for sale here, as are ice creams and strawberries (farm-grown, of course). A barbecue is organised throughout the afternoon on some weekends (check with site staff for details).
This well-connected site is 15 minutes' drive from the cathedral city of Canterbury and 25 minutes from top coastal spots like Whitstable beach and Sandwich.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Beautiful but poorly managed site
Excellent experience with friendly staff and delicious cider
Super friendly staff who couldn’t do enough to make you feel welcome.
Lovely area, safe for kids. Needs more practical thought & effort
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Distance markers in shared facilities
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitizing stations
No cash accepted on site
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Staggered showering times
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
New Dover Road Park and Ride Terminal
— 2.8 kilometres
2.8 kilometres Bus Station — 4.1 kilometres
4.1 kilometres Bus Depot — 11.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Bekesbourne Rail Station
— 0.9 kilometres
0.9 kilometres Sturry Rail Station — 3.7 kilometres
3.7 kilometres Canterbury East Rail Station — 4.5 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Folkestone Eurotunnel Terminal
— 19.3 kilometres
19.3 kilometres Ramsgate Ferry Terminal — 20.2 kilometres
20.2 kilometres Dover Eastern Docks Ferry Terminal — 20.7 kilometres
Kent International Airport
— 17.5 kilometres
17.5 kilometres Lydd London Ashford Airport — 37.9 kilometres
37.9 kilometres London Southend Airport — 45.1 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Canterbury Golf Club and Driving Range: five minutes' drive
- The Beaney House of Art and Knowledge: 15 minutes
- Canterbury Cathedral: 15 minutes
- Whitstable: 25 minutes
- Shepherd Neame Brewery: 25 minutes
- Sandwich: 25 minutes
- Margate: 40 minutes
- Joss Bay: 40 minutes
- Turner Contemporary (art gallery): 40 minutes
- Howletts Wild Animal Park (0.6 kilometres)
- St Augustine's Abbey (3.7 kilometres)
- Canterbury Cathedral (4.0 kilometres)
- The White Cliffs of Dover (20.7 kilometres)
- South Foreland Lighthouse (21.6 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Woolton Farm cancellation policy
No refunds within 3 days of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 14 day(s) of arrival.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Woolton Farm will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Hired accommodation: £100,00 (R2 310,18) damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.
Refunds within the indicated cancelation period are only possible if the park is able to relet your unit/site.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Woolton Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Woolton Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Woolton Farm? Local attractions and activities include: - Canterbury Golf Club and Driving Range: five minutes' drive - The Beaney House of Art and Knowledge: 15 minutes - Canterbury Cathedral: 15 minutes - Whitstable: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Woolton Farm?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.