This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Farm park overlooking Scafell Pike on the fringes of the western fells
- A 10-minute drive from Wast Water lake and 15 from Seascale beach
- Yurts come with kitchenettes, woodburning stoves and private bathrooms
Get over to Wasdale Yurt Holiday for a break under canvas at Rainors Farm on the fringes of a western Lake District valley yet close to the coast. This rural site with 200 breeding sheep – plus a couple of goats, a few chickens and a pack of dogs – is in the countryside, a 15-minute drive from Seascale’s six-mile-long stretch of sand.
The park is well-located for explores of the western Lake District, whether while walking, cycling or driving. It overlooks Scafell Peak – the highest point in England – and is 10 minutes from Wast Water, the country’s deepest lake.
Stays here before and after adventures are in Rainors Farm’s 18-foot yurts. They sleep up to five people and are equipped with electricity, woodburning stoves, single-ring gas camping stoves (gas provided), mini fridges, and tea and coffee. Private toilet and heated shower facilities are nearby.
Up for organised escapades? Go dog sledding and pony trekking with Horse and Husky (half an hour) or try canyoning, canoeing, rock climbing, archery, abseiling, raft building, mountain biking and stand-up paddleboarding at West Lakes Adventure (25 minutes).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Fantastic place to stay the owner was fantastic very helpful, …
Great site, clean facilities close by, well looked after
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Dedicated shower per site
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed low season only
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 19.1 kilometres
19.1 kilometres Queens Head — 21.6 kilometres
21.6 kilometres The Queens Head — 21.6 kilometres
- Train stations
Drigg Rail Station
— 6.2 kilometres
6.2 kilometres Seascale Rail Station — 6.8 kilometres
6.8 kilometres Ravenglass Rail Station — 7.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
High Brandelhow Ferry Landing
— 22.0 kilometres
22.0 kilometres Coniston Ferry Landing — 22.1 kilometres
22.1 kilometres Torver (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 22.1 kilometres
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 125.8 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Wast Water (England’s deepest lake): 10 minutes’ drive
- Scafell Pike: 20 minutes
- Seascale beach: 15 minutes
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Steam Railway Station: 15 minutes
- Muncaster Castle: 15 minutes
- St. Bees Head Heritage Coast: half an hour
- Whitehaven (seaside spot): half an hour
- Maryport (seaside spot): 50 minutes
- Whinlatter Forest Park: 55 minutes
- Honister Slate Mine: an hour and 15 minutes.
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway (7.5 kilometres)
- Whinlatter Forest & Visitor Centre (23.7 kilometres)
- Dove Cottage and the Wordsworth Museum (24.3 kilometres)
- Wasdale, Eskdale and Duddon (2.6 kilometres)
- Buttermere and Ennerdale (14.3 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Wasdale Yurt Holiday have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Wasdale Yurt Holiday dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Wasdale Yurt Holiday? Local attractions and activities include: - Wast Water (England’s deepest lake): 10 minutes’ drive - Scafell Pike: 20 minutes - Seascale beach: 15 minutes - Ravenglass & Eskdale Steam Railway Station: 15 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Wasdale Yurt Holiday?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.