This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet, back to basics pop-up site on the shore of Coniston Water
- Tarn Hows and lake cruises within walking distance
- A 10-minute walk from Coniston village; two minutes to local pub
Waterhead Coniston is a pop-up site in a properly prime position, right on the shoreline of Coniston Water and a 10-minute walk from the centre of Coniston village (for pubs, cafés, takeaways and shops).
This quiet little Cumbria site has been set up in a farmer’s field, with just basic facilities in the form of fresh water and portaloos (there are no further facilities such as bins so you’ll need to take all your rubbish away with you).
The views from here are unsurprisingly splendid, looking over the water and up to the fells – and it’s easy to get out to see a bit more of the Lake District surroundings without using the car, as you can head straight out on walks up to Tarn Hows and local fells or get going on bike rides or hikes by the lake. The refurbed Coniston Inn is a couple of minutes’ stagger away upon your return, although you’re welcome to bring a barbecue along instead if you like.
For more leisurely ways to see the area, take a ride on the Steam Yacht Gondola across Coniston Water or set out for wanders around Brantwood and Hill Top; if you’d prefer to keep the activity going there are plenty of fells and lakes to hike around, and a Go Ape adventure park is 20 minutes’ drive away.
Open from 08/16/2020 to 11/01/2020
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Overall I would really recommend the site, we had a great time.
It was on the lake and meant we could get …
FAB, FAB, FAB
Good location. Friendly staff, would go again.
The site was well spaced out and considering the number …
Ideal for a one night stop over. Price too steep for lack of amenities
Beautiful views, near to village, best 'basic' campsite in area!
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Ambleside: Bus Shelter, King Street
— 9.3 kilometres
9.3 kilometres Grasmere Coach Stop — 10.0 kilometres
10.0 kilometres Windermere: Rail Station Coach Stop — 10.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Windermere Rail Station
— 10.3 kilometres
10.3 kilometres Staveley Rail Station — 15.8 kilometres
15.8 kilometres Foxfield Rail Station — 15.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Waterhead Hotel (Coniston) Ferry Landing
— 0.1 kilometres
0.1 kilometres Monk Coniston Ferry Landing — 0.6 kilometres
0.6 kilometres Coniston Ferry Landing — 0.6 kilometres
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 106.8 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Steam Yacht Gondola cruises: 10 minutes’ walk
- Tarn Hows: 45 minutes’ walk/10 minutes’ drive
- Brantwood (former home of artist John Ruskin): 10 minutes’ drive
- Hill Top (Beatrix Potter’s former home): 10 minutes
- Go Ape Grizedale: 20 minutes
- Windermere (west shore): 20 minutes
- Claife Heights: 25 minutes
- Lakeland Motor Museum: half an hour.
- Beatrix Potter Gallery (4.0 kilometres)
- Hill Top (6.1 kilometres)
- Brockhole - Lake District Visitor Centre (8.5 kilometres)
- Gondola' (0.7 kilometres)
- Coniston and Tarn Hows (0.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
Waterhead Coniston cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Waterhead Coniston will debit the balance from your card 10 days before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 10 days then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Waterhead Coniston have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Waterhead Coniston dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Waterhead Coniston? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Steam Yacht Gondola cruises: 10 minutes’ walk - Tarn Hows: 45 minutes’ walk/10 minutes’ drive - Brantwood (former home of artist John Ruskin): 10 minutes’ drive … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Waterhead Coniston?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon