This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- A 14-acre secluded farm site with access to the Teesdale Way
- Fishing on the banks of the River Tees
- Modern amenities block with underfloor heating
What a lovely little place… Co Durham's Leekworth Caravan Park is a 14-acre secluded farm site with spectacular countryside views, surrounded by the north Pennines and on the outskirts of the historic market village of Middleton-in-Teesdale.
It's a riverside park, set on the banks of the River Tees with fishing for guests: how fab. If you're not up for fishing, this is walking land too, with miles of walking paths accessible nearby and the famed Teesdale Way cutting through the farm to join the Pennine Way.
The site's modern shower and toilet block has underfloor heating throughout; there's also a shower and toilet accessible to disabled guests, along with a covered washing-up area and chemical disposal.
Leekworth has a food shop on site; a well-stocked grocery shop as well as country shops and cafés are in Middleton village 10 minutes' walk away and a big supermarket is in Barnard Castle within 10 miles.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Well spaced out pitches with lots of room. Loved the …
Great site ... if you follow the rules!
A great stay, friendly staff, clean and tidy. Thank you.
need to inform people about disabled facilities
Good sized pitches, nice and level. Well kept site, toilet …
Amazing peaceful place. Will be 100% returning.
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
- Coach stations
Barnard Castle: Galgate Coach Stop
— 12.2 kilometres
12.2 kilometres Brough (Cumbria): Bypass Coach Stop — 19.6 kilometres
19.6 kilometres Kirkby Stephen: Market Square Coach Stop — 24.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Frosterley Rail Station
— 13.6 kilometres
13.6 kilometres Stanhope Rail Station — 14.4 kilometres
14.4 kilometres Wolsingham Rail Station — 16.7 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Pooley Bridge Ullswater Ferry Landing
— 49.3 kilometres
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 42.5 kilometres
As you enter Middleton-in-Teesdale, at the bottom of the hill take the second left turn after the telephone box into Leekworth Gardens. Turn right shortly after and continue down a farm track. When you reach the farm, turn to the left onto the site.
Teesdale, its surrounds and the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty have activities and attractions galore whatever flavour of holiday you fancy, as well as plenty of places to sup, sip and shop.
Several waterfalls are easily reached from the site, including Low Force over the Whin Sill rock, and England's highest uninterrupted drop of water High Force, under six miles away (access it from High Force Hotel for a fee or walk on the opposite side of the river from Low Force to see it for free). There's also a walk up the riverside footpath from the Bowless picnic area to Gibson's cave, past four small falls up to Summerhill Force.
If you want to dive into some Co Durham history, the town of Barnard Castle, 10 miles away, has the acclaimed and handsome Bowes Museum with its collections of art, ceramics, textiles and more, and Raby Castle just outside the village of Staindrop has another art collection as well as eighteenth century gardens surrounding its big park.
- High Force Waterfall (8.6 kilometres)
- Barnard Castle (11.6 kilometres)
- The Bowes Museum (12.8 kilometres)
- Acorn Bank Garden and Watermill (34.6 kilometres)
- Moulton Hall (34.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Leekworth Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Leekworth Caravan Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Leekworth Caravan Park? Teesdale, its surrounds and the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty have activities and attractions galore whatever flavour of holiday you fancy, as well as plenty of places to sup, sip … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Leekworth Caravan Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon
Camping: due to narrow entry lane arrival is strictly forbidden before 1.30pm. Camping arrivals are between 1.30pm - 8.00pm Sunday to Thursday and 1.30pm - 9.00pm Friday and Saturday.Read more