This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Wild camping in a scenic Suffolk orchard and wildlife haven
- A mile from the local village and 15 minutes drive from Stowmarket
- Three acres of space and only a few pitches allowed
Pitch up among apple trees at the pretty Suffolk site of Stone House, set in an orchard a mile from the village of Mendlesham. Only a handful of pitches are on this three-acre wild camping site, so there’s plenty of room to spread out, laze under the fruit trees and spot the many species of wildlife living among them.
Stone House is 15 minutes drive from Stowmarket and within easy access to the A14, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich. Norwich is 45 minutes drive away. If you’re arriving by car, parking isn’t allowed next to pitches but is available on the site driveway a few metres away.
The site has a toilet and cold running water. Barbecues are allowed: source supplies at the small shop in Mendlesham or at Stowmarket … or opt for fish and chips in the village or a stroll across the fields to the local and much recommended vegetarian restaurant.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Clean portaloo with lovely big area for tents and very well kept area.
Love this site - a few spacious pitches & a relaxed, friendly welcome
Everything! This is by far our favourite campsite. The hosts …
Hanna Koren F.Confirmed
Even though there was a portaloo, it was really clean. Best wild camp
Favourite place to stay so far!
will recommend it to everyone I know who likes the …
Perfect stay away, we will be visiting again soon :)
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Station Road West
— 10.2 kilometres
10.2 kilometres Bus Station — 13.2 kilometres
13.2 kilometres Jacobs Close — 16.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Stowmarket Rail Station
— 9.9 kilometres
9.9 kilometres Needham Market Rail Station — 11.8 kilometres
11.8 kilometres Elmswell Rail Station — 12.7 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Shotley Point Marina Ferry Landing
— 35.4 kilometres
35.4 kilometres Shotley Point Marina Ferry Landing — 35.4 kilometres
35.4 kilometres Felixstowe for Bawdsey Ferry Landing — 35.9 kilometres
Norwich International Airport
— 47.7 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Thornham Estate (scenic walks, a play area and a café): 10 minutes’ drive
- watersports, cycling and walking at Alton Water reservoir: 35 minutes
- Norwich: 45 minutes
- Beccles and the Broads: 45 minutes
- Suffolk coastal towns Southwold, Dunwich and Aldeburgh: all within an hour.
- Bressingham Steam and Gardens (14.5 kilometres)
- Framlingham Castle (17.4 kilometres)
- Banham Zoo (21.7 kilometres)
- Sutton Hoo (24.5 kilometres)
- Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds (26.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Stone House have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Stone House dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Stone House? Local attractions and activities include: - Thornham Estate (scenic walks, a play area and a café): 10 minutes’ drive - watersports, cycling and walking at Alton Water reservoir: 35 minutes - Norwich: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Stone House?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.