Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Touring pitches behind a 17th-century village pub in Defford
- A 10-minute drive from Upton upon Severn; 25 minutes from Worcester
- Pub with food, local ales and beer garden; farm shop across the road
The Oak Inn Defford is a traditional 17th-century pub in the Worcestershire countryside, just outside the village of Defford and 25 minutes’ drive from Worcester.
Views from the site look out over the Malvern Hills and Bredon Hill, and it’s also a short journey to the banks of the rivers Avon and Severn (all very promising for those looking to give their walking boots a bit of a workout, then). It’s also well situated for the various festivals at Upton upon Severn and events at the Three Counties Showground.
Touring pitches behind the pub are fairly frill-free, in that they don’t have showers, toilets or hookups, but they’ll certainly give you a peaceful place to park up for the night while you sample the wares of the pub – whether that be a tasty meal in the restaurant, a pint of local ale or cider, or something from the shelves of gin and other delights. Rather cleverly, the landlords have set up a covered seating area outside so guests can sit out in the fresh air even when it’s a tad damp.
If you’d rather do a bit of your own alfresco cookery, you’re welcome to light up a barbecue back at your pitch (perhaps having picked up some ingredients from the farm shop over the road?)
Tents are not accepted at this park.
Your dog must be tattooed or microchipped.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
The bar is open between 17/05 and 31/12.
This park has no on-site shower facilities.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Bookings must not be for more than 28 consecutive nights.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Non-electric gravel motorhome pitch
Max. persons: 4 x
One Class B motorhome or RV site allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 4.0m width x 10.0m depth (13.1ft width x 32.8ft depth) Calculated area: 40.0m² (430.6ft²)
Ground type: Gravel
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (R), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
The whole campsite
Price and pub
Small area located to the rear of a PH.
Would definately use this stop over again
Diddent have a meal although the menue looked very inviting
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 10.1 kilometres
10.1 kilometres The Crescent — 10.1 kilometres
10.1 kilometres Lower Howsell Road — 12.8 kilometres
- Train stations
Pershore Rail Station
— 7.3 kilometres
7.3 kilometres Worcestershire Parkway Rail Station — 8.4 kilometres
8.4 kilometres Ashchurch for Tewkesbury Rail Station — 9.5 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 46.0 kilometres
— 21.0 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Upton upon Severn: 10 minutes
- Croome (National Trust estate): 10 minutes
- Pershore Abbey: 10 minutes
- Showborough House Sculpture Garden: 10 minutes
- Bredon Hill National Nature Reserve: 10 minutes
- Three Counties Showground: 15 minutes
- Tewkesbury: 15 minutes
- Malvern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 20 minutes
- Worcester: 25 minutes.
- Croome Park (National Trust) (3.9 kilometres)
- Tewkesbury Abbey (10.2 kilometres)
- Royal Worcester Visitor Centre (12.8 kilometres)
- Croome Park (3.0 kilometres)
- Bredon Barn (6.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||Anytime –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
The Oak Inn cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. The Oak Inn will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does The Oak Inn have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Oak Inn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Oak Inn? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Upton upon Severn: 10 minutes - Croome (National Trust estate): 10 minutes - Pershore Abbey: 10 minutes - Showborough House Sculpture Garden: 10 minutes - Bredon … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Oak Inn?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at The Oak Inn? From R202,70 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability